Well I'm in my first year of university and living in residence. You'd think I'd be able to make friends easy but I haven't been able to. I'm going to be living off campus next year. So how can I make friends?

Hi Sher. I had the same problem. I am pretty social and friendly and people generally like me but when I started the Uni, I could not relate to anyone. I could not find anyone on the same level.....I'm not talking about intelligence, I am talking about interests, or same kind of humor, visions, etc

I quit Uni (not because I couldn't make any friends :-)) and went to College. It was even worst at College because people that went to this particular college were kind of.......I don't know....not my type...definitely.

At College, I would meat a person, make contact with him/her during one exam and then end it.....It was like that for almost every exam. Sometimes I would help someone, sometimes someone would help me, and it is how it worked.

Although I always wanted to have a crew, and be a part of some kind of team, it never worked. I'm almost at the end......and I can't say I have College/Uni friends.

Honestly, I don't care about it since I have my own friends....but if you don't come from the city where you study, i suppose it could be hard.

I don't know what to tell you,...maybe you should try communicating with people during your classes and then contact them from time to time for a coffee or some kind of study help, or a night out, etc

Slowly, things will work out. And it's ok, if they don't....you don't have to get along with everyone.

Let me know how it's going!