Hi, I have problems with my work colleagues. I have heard them, on more than one occasion, calling me a sociopath. They do it behind my back. Just because I don't share their interests and views on life they declare me a sociopath. Can you tell me something about sociopathic behavior? I would like to confront them with the facts and show them that just because I do not like them it doesn't mean that I show sociopathic behavior. I have plenty of friends outside the office.

Hi, I know what is like to work in that kind of environment. At my last job I had similar problems. Everyone was talking about everyone behind their back. I decided not to be a part of that cycle and soon enough the whole office was talking about me as a sociopath. The fact is that they have no idea what sociopathic behavior really means, but they had to call me something. Sociopathic behavior is a serious mental disorder that causes the person to show no regard to the rights of other people. Sociopaths have an underdeveloped sense of right and wrong. Also a person with sociopathic behavior has trouble with holding down a job and communicating with people. They also tend to lie frequently and have troubles with the law. I am sure that you are not a sociopath and that you work in an unhealthy environment. You should try to talk to your colleagues and make them understand why you have been avoiding them. I am not sure that they will understand, but you have nothing to lose if you try.