Ok, I'm 18 years old, I've had some realtionships in my life, but this was before I think I started to turn ugly, I left school for a college and I'm a very smart person, Im working my way to be a English teacher.  By leaving my main school I left like ALL but 3 of my friends, I left because I had a better chance of getting the qualifications I needed in this college than I did that school.  In this college I got NO friends, I got NO connections in anyway, like today I wanted to talk to a girl, she was on her own, I just wanted to say hi but I just felt like a grip of fear was pulling me back.  I sit on my own all the time in college, or if I am around people in class, then I don't talk to anyone, I want to have friends and I want to start a realtionship with a girl, by the way, sorry for not putting this in before, yes I'm a boy.  Like I have had comments of so many people that I'm the nice person they have talked to in their life, but a nice person is not going to get any friends or a relationship, then I'm smart, people sometimes hate that but I am not like the kids who are all thinking they are it, I've been brought up to respect, be kind and care for others, to understand many things, like I don't smoke or drink.. yet but I'll never smoke.  I guess all I'm asking for is just some tips, just tips to help me on my way to be a happy person, the amount of times I could have just thrown thrown myself in-front of a train or just started a fight and think to myself that I deserve this, like I'm also at the gym, like ok I don't go all the time but I'm starting to put it on my list like, but yes I do have glasses, and yes I do have spots, and all the other c**p on me that just equals ugly but, any tips or anything from you guys or girls would be great, I would very much respect the time you took to read this and write anything, to be fair, I don't think anyone will waste their own time on me and I'm ready for the haters, man I can't wait for the comments that say "go die you ugly" or anything, but I guess time will tell, thanks everyone and as I say to everyone I speak to, have a nice day.

Dont feel baaad! This is just one glitch in the road your smart life has alot of places going for a smart person :D if you feel like you wanna put yourself out there try joining some enrichment programmes your collage has to offer im sure that theyll have something youll be interested in and usually those kinda programmes have people that are interested in the same thing as you, i mean thats usually how friendships start right? same interests and stuff like that, and besides friends in collage arent always that important i mean yeah friends are great but there just gonna leave after collage some do stay i mean like you said you have friends from highschool that are still with you, thats great but you cant find friends from anywhere tbh chatsites are awsome, one im on is one called chatango you meet great people there :D 

what im trying to get at is, having friends isnt always the most important thing you know, im sure you have family by you, theyll always stay by you, and so what if youre ugly, your nice and kind if your more confident in yourself itl help you feel alot better, try talking to someone who you feel comfortable with.

i hope this helps , im not really great at advice i just base it around my experiance

Stop thinking negative all of the time. In order to get respect, you must give it. God made all of different and as equals. Swallow your pride and start being the young man that you were raised up to be. Just speak and keep lit moving. Eventually someone will come along and start up a conversation with you. Time waits for no one! Set aside some time with God alone, and be sure that you read your Bible when you are feeling discouraged. I hope that I gave you answers that you were looking for.

Sweetie,

In this day in age we all asume that apperances are going to get us anywhere we want. That is just what the technology and desires of producers from TV wanting the PERFECT PERSON (Trust me I know. I am a director), and setting a boundary for everyone to feel like they must be beautiful in order to have the perfect relationship or all the friends. I don't think that you should be so hard on yourself when it comes to looks. One day you will meet a person that says 'Looks aren't everything you know. One day I actually want to hold an actual conversation with someone.'. The way you look at life is wrong. Before you start wanting to start relationships and friendships, you need to start by changing you aspect on how you look at life. Be positive, spontanous, and still stay who you really are. I hope I helped in anway.

-Xoxo

you have to be comfortable with yourself...quit tearing yourself down and try building yourself up. Look in the mirror when you wake up and find a few awesome things about yourself and speak it out To yourself...it sounds a little stupid, but you'll start seeing the positive in yourself and begin gaining confidence. once you're comfortable in your own skin, you're golden. Just be you! Don't be overly concerned with what people think...smart people are awesome and those who hate that are just jealous. Keep your head up. You're probably awesome.

Just keep one thing in mind nobody is ugly. And don't you dare to think like that one more thing now onwards i am also your friend...