Hello, I'm a 19 year old female and am in the best relationship of my life. I met a guy who is truely amazing, and hadn't even gone past kissing with another girl before me simply because they wern't "right" he didnt even have any friends that were girls. We met at a party, the only sober ones by choice. I say party, but there was only about 5 or 6 people there. We hit it off immidiatly, went on 2 dates and became official when I went to Florida for 2 weeks. We both start college in August. I'm going to a community college for 2 years then switching to a University close by, and he's going to a 4 year university right away 5.5 hrs away from home. We both live in Texas, and only live 15 minutes from eachother now and see eachother everyday to multiple times a day and spend every night together pretty much. Either me at his house, or him at mine. Although he will still be in Texas he's going to school in Lubbock which is 5.5 hrs away from me. I'll be going to Denton, which is just 15-20 minutes away, same with the university I transfer to after. He's only going to the school in Lubbock for 1 year though. He's transfering next fall to be right by me. But because of the distance, gas prices, and that he's taking Mechanical Engineering as a major and classes freshman arn't even supposed to take, he was just extra smart, the un realistc fantasy we had of seeing eachother every weekend wont happen. It will be every other weekend most likely. On rare occasions, once a month. But with breaks, we figured we'd only have to do that for 4 months. We leave around August 20th, and we have a week off in November for Thanksgiving, 3 weeks for me and a month for him from the middle of December to the beg of Janurary for Christmas. A week or two for Spring Break in March, and we get out of school at the very beginning of May. And then we have all summer and he transfers right by me.
So it would just be Sept, Oct, Feb, and April we'd have to do the every other weekend, MAYBE on rare occasions once a month. Is that distance that bad even though it's temporary?

I really am dreading it. I love him to death and I have never felt this way about a guy. I truely feel he is the ONE. But I am a very needy and dependable person, I just don't know how I am going to handle the distance. To go from spending every night and day with him, to every other weekend or less. I think I'll do better once I switch from the Depo shot to the pill and knowing it's temporary, but still I'm nervous. We both agreed the only reason we would ever break up, would be because I was just utterley depressed and miserable and couldn't deal with the distance. Although I wouldn't want to be with any other guy, and would be worse without him. I worry about him in college, but if he hadn't even gone past kissing with any girl before me and never even drinks, then why would he do something like that now? He comes from a great family where both parents and grandparents were high school sweet hearts, and he doesnt have any friends that are girls. He finds most girls annoying and slutty. Expecially at Tech he said, even if he was single he wouldn't touch any of them because it's the STD capitol. He's extremly loyal and I know I don't have to worry, but I know there will be times I do and get very lonely. But breaking up with him is the last thing I want to do.

What would you do in that situation? Is 4 months of distance, seeing eachother every other weekend all that bad? Knowing its just for a little bit then you'll be living together? When we go to college we will of been going out over half a year and were getting promise rings. It would be a shame to throw all of that away. He is truely the most amazing guy I know, and I know I could never find another like him.

hey!

just wanted to say that i was in a position similar to you. my boyfriend and i lived 10-15mins apart at home and went to university's 2 hours apart. we were worried about the distance thing but it worked out great.

we made the effort to talk to each other everyday either over the internet or on the phone, wrote each other letters and saw each other more than we thought we would. he was able to come and see me as his course isnt as full time as mine and now, this year, he lives with me and commutes to uni.

long distance relationships can be hard work but if you love one another you can figure it out, we did and we've never been closer!

if he's worth it, you'll work it out and me and my boyfriend are living proof of that!

good luck and let us know how things turn out for the two of you!