about a month ago i was raped right her on my college campus and now i might be pregnant. at the time i was raped i was dating someone ( and for the sake of staying annonomous ill call him j) and the guy that raped me was friends with j. so when i tried to tell j what happened he didnt believe me because he though his friend could never do something like that so he broke up with me. since then i started dating someone else (ill call him s). S is a really amazing guy and understanding and he knows about my chances of being pregnant and what happened. now this is where the problem starts. i told him if i am pregnant i want to keep the baby and raise it as my own even though i was raped. S wants me to either get an abortion or do adoption because it was rape. my thing is i lost 2 kids already and i dont want to just give up a 3rd plus foster homes and adoption parents arent always the best or the most caring people so i would rather raise that kid myself because i know it will have a good life with me or at least a decent one because im still only in my freshmen year of college. my question is, is it wrong for me to want to keep this child and is S right by saying i should get rif of him or her? I just want a second opinion

OK, the first thing - did you do the pregnancy test? Doesn't sound like it and what is the point of guessing this or that when you don't know for sure? Second - it was rape: you don't report it only to your boyfriend (at the time), but to the police or any authorothy! And really, I don't know what really to tell you to going in new relationship in the middle of all this going on.... Please do the test, this way you are just guessing and how are you going to support the child, anyway?

Having a baby is a wonderful experience, but your timeing is definetly way off. Your a freashman in college, so that must make you, what....18 or 19?

You say that you have already lost 2 children, yikes, you need to step back and look at your life. The first thing i would do is file a police report and then i would gently tell this new man that you need time to yourself. A boyfriend is the last thing that you need right now. I am not suggesting that you have an abortion but i am asking you how will you take care of this baby? If you are keeping it, you have to know who the father is, whether he accept's it or not, he will have to take care of this child as well, i am talking financially. I don't blame this new guy really for what he say's. He is a young man and i doubt that he want's to be strandled with someone else's baby, much less his own. I commend you for wanting to take care of this little one but you have to be realistic.

If you were my daughter i would ask the same question....where is your birth control? Your in college for a reason, which is to better your life and further your important education. It's apparent that you are in college for a reason, which is to get a quality education and get a good paying job in what ever field you are studying for. You can't raise your baby on a college campus for the next 4 year's. You asked for an opinion and here it is.....

If you are pregnant, and i say if, take some time off from this new man, then you MUST file a police report, you really have to. If you want to take a few semester's off that's fine as well. Go home and have your baby, but you should look into adoption. If you insist on raising this child, a college close to home would be better. Go to school during the day and pick your baby up from daycare at nite, after you get out of work, because you have to get a job to pay for this child. Diaper's are expensive, you can't nurse because you won't have the time to, so be prepared for 15.00 can's of formula.

I know you really want to keep this baby but please re think it. There are so many young married couple's who can not have a child of their own and they would love to adopt a new born. Some are doctor's/lawyer's/ etc. who would be so financially secure. Your baby would have a wonderful life and you wouldn't have to worry. I am neither for or against abortion either, that is a decision that only you can make.

Good luck and i hope you do the right thing here.

nikols wrote:

blondebaby wrote:

i did report it but im not pressing charges because i have been raped before and just got out of the court system and i dont feel like going back in. and no i havent taken a test yet because the nurses here on campus are telling me to wait another week before i do. also i dont really no what im going to do abut raising but i know i can. i have so many people here willing to help and that will help

I think you should keep the baby,I'm ten years old,and I know you are thinking why would I listen to a ten year old?Well I was also raped and I am pregnant,I'm keeping the baby so,if I can you can,Good luck :)

Well I can tell you now I am not pregnant. It was maybe for months ago I was raped but I can tell you I am proud of you for taking the responibility for a child when u dnt have to. I have lost to previous child before my rape so of course i wouldve kept the child if I had been pregnant. I would like to stay posted if you dont mind and offer support in any way i can

In my opinion I think you should keep the baby I don't think Abortion is right but it is your baby so you should do what you feel is right