Well it is a very weird lump inside my earlobe. At first it was small and it would move around a tiny bit. But now it has grown and it's hard. Last year I went to the hosptal to get it checked, but they told me to leave it alone and it will go away.

A year later it hasn't. So I visited my GP who has reffered me to the hospital to see a Ear specialist. But I am waiting for an appointment. I know they are going to remove it but can someone please give me details on what it could be?

It has not bothered me too much because it's not painful. I don't mind leaving it alone if there is no need to operate.

No replies people? :'(

hi m8, i get them aswell they seem to appear and the n take a few weeks to dissapear. I went to the docs to get it checked out n they said they were ba-nine (dnt no the spelling) and that they shud just go but if not they cud get them out, but they are harmless. i dont no if thats any help, they do annoy me

Hello newperson and thank you very much for the reply.
Mine has been there for a little more than a year and I was also told it will go away within weeks/months. But it obviously hasn't :-(

dnt worry about it, they did say to me that if it didnt they wud take it out, its just up to u if u want them to or not. obviously its only gonna b very minor getting it out, but it depends if its really bothering u or not

they will blow water in it to get it out. it is a ball of wax :-P

its most likely a sebaceous cyst and not a lump of wax as the above poster suggested. If it will not go away on its own then minor surgery may be required. They will not force it out with water though.

I had it as well and it grew that big when i got up 1 morning it was al busted and there was hard blood in my ear an i just started pickin it off. And now i have it again lol. It keeps coming back.

i have this as well. I have never seen a dr about it, but i think its like a little calcified ball of oils, like the oil in a pimple. I have been getting them for years now, they go away from 1 month to a year. When mine get big, actually visable, not just by feel like when they are small, they eventually kinda pop and i can actually pick the ball out, it then heals up like a pimple, but it always comes back. I just leave em alone cause they dont bother me or hurt unless I squeeze it.

Get you earz pierced. I'm sure that'll blast them into eternity, I get'em too an I (should I say this) quite enjoy them. Like having very squeezable spots on your earlobes, what you can play with when bored. tho I do find deliciously soft earlobes extremely attractive.

It is usually from having your ear pierced, i got my ear pierced and when i took it out little bits of bacteria got in and it made a spot in my ear it goes away then comes back i dont know how to get completely rid of it. I squeeze it like everyday as hard as a can and in a week it goes. Comes back in about a year though.

Just keep doing this should help.

DO NOT get your ears pierced! Unless you want giant keyloids that can potentially clog you ear canals

What is the likelihood of this happening/ I have not ever heard about this so if you have some insight, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

i can mash on mine and it goes away, it feels weird cuz it moves around alot, i have like three little ones inside my ear lobe, i was wandering wat it is, i figured it was a lil blood or somethin ....

i also have that....its right inside my right earlobe. I had it a couple of months ago and after about 4 weeks it dissapeered leaving just a little raised spot a bit like a blackhead.
But this Monday I woke up a discovered it came back. Im not to sure if there is ever a treatment to completly get rid of it.