I noticed a little ball in my ear lobe that comes and goes every once and a while, and if I touch it or mess around with it, it will start to hurt just a little but not painfully.

Is this a swollen ear gland or anything I should be worried about?

*******

**this post is edited by moderator ** private e-mails not allowed **

i get the exact same thing....except mine stays relatively the same size...i've been wondering what it was for some time now...luckily it doesnt hurt

i have the same,
mine only hurts if i squeeze it

im going to the doctors next week
i'll let you know

If your earlobe is pierced, it could be a type of scarring called hypertrophic... if not, good luck at the doc's. = )

i have the exact same thing, i cant stop thinking about it, every time i touch it i always end up squeezing it, and then i touch it again and feels like its gone, but then a minute later it comes back.

yep i get it too, it comes and goes every few months or so, and its striked me as to what it could be....never saw a doc about it, but if anyone knows it would be great to know.

Thanks.

i got the same thing. My doctor said mine is a calcium ball. its basically just a build up of calcium. i wonder if yours is the same thing? o.O

ive had this small balll on my ear forever and it all of a sudden got bigger and now it hurts. i dont know what to do.

I had one in my right ear then it went away, a week later now its in my lft ear and hurts. Ive heard it could just be a pimple, and my ears were peirced over a decade ago. whats the cause of a calcium ball?

i have the exact same thing. it comes and goes and i have always wondered what it is, so i just squeezed it really hard and it popped and its really swollen now. haha. im not really sure what to do. any suggestions? i think im gonna see a doctor tomorrow if it doesnt go away

heyy guys, i have the same prob,
its well like totally bad.
mine really hurts all the time, and guess what now, guess what now????
Ive discovered a second. I KNOW!! it sucks!!!
I may aswell give up now and cut off my ear...
Maybe thats why Van Gough did it eh???

please reply asap,
could someone give me an eta on when a cream will come out.
or at least an etd for when it will go.
Thanks,

all the best
Eary Girl............................................................x

what if it's inside your ear, just a tiny ball, not hurting or anyting

I took a needle, heated it with a lighter and pierced it. White puss like substance came out. Ingrown pimple if you ask me.

rub vitamin E oil on your ear. the calcium build up will go down with vitamin E oil

I get them aswell.  Im thinking of going to my piercer and having him punch out my earlobes.  Then whatever it is will be gone, and I will have the mad tunnels.