Hi, I'm new to this site and I don't even know if I'm doing this right but ill try posting this anyway..

Okay so I've had a small lump inside my earlobe for about six months now. At first, the lump was painless and fairly small. Around two months ago, the lump increased in size. A couple days later, it went back to its normal size. This worried me so I decided to go to the doctor. The doctor told me it was a cyst and suggested going to a surgeon. The surgeon wants to remove the cyst in about a month. However, I really don't want to get surgery to remove this lump. I was wondering if there were any other alternatives as to removing a cyst that exists on the inside of your skin.

Also, a few days ago the cyst increased in size and became painful again! Whenever I touch the lump it hurts. It's also annoying because it's big and you can kind of see it swelling from the outside.

My parents know I don't want to get surgery, and my dad doesn't think it's necessary. My mom inspected the lump and noticed there was a head to it (like a pimple would have). This is gross, but when we tried to pop it nothing happened. If anything, it increased the irritation.
So maybe trying to pop it wasn't such a good idea.

I don't know what to do and this lump has been really worrying me lately! I fear that it's cancer, even though the doctor told me it was a cyst.

I'm almost fifteen and I'm a female.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you so much for reading this! Please help!

there are number of reasons why cysts form in the skin, but if you already went through all the checkups and have gotten a procedure scheduled to remove the thing, than it seems that it is not caused by an infection and if there were any medications or something, your doctor would prescribe them first. And since the cyst gets so easily irritated I think that the best thing is to be sure that it's gone by removing it completely. The procedure you are going to have is more like a local procedure at the dentist, you won't feel anything and it will heal up in a few days.