i have a slow emptying gallbladder.do i need to have it removed

I had GI problems, mostly pain some time after meals. I was checked for gallbladder stones, but the results were negative but showed something else- biliary dyskinesia. This is also slow emptying of the bladder but caused by inflammation of the cystic duct. The gallbladder was blocked and couldn’t drain right and I was advised to have cholecystectomy. I asked some questions about it and was informed that this procedure, gallbladder removal was the most effective comparing to non-operative therapy and that it should bring the relief, so I went for it. I was also told that slow emptying of the gallbladder eventually leads to formations of gallstones as the bile becomes stagnant and forms stones and that I will have to have a surgery then anyway.

Now, you haven’t said anything about what’s causing your slow emptying gallbladder. I know some things that could actually slow the gallbladder mechanisms. They include oral contraceptives, if you are female. Birth control pills that contain high levels of estrogen could increase the content of bile’s cholesterol and slow down gallbladder emptying. Also, fasting could contribute to the problem because small amounts of food are present in the small intestines and may not signal the need for bile.

Are you experiencing any severe problems because of the slow emptying gallbladder? Some slow emptying bladders don’t show any symptoms and can’t be diagnosed as functional gallbladder disorders.

can a person pass gallstones?

Hi
Im Kristen
For the last year i've been through every test imaginable! From CT's to camera pill swallows, colonosopy, endoscopy, and numerous more. Finally my gp went on a hunch and ordered a hyda scan after 8 emergency room visits and no answers. The last attack i has was so severe my husband call 911 due to vomiting and intensive pain where i couldn't get out of bed. The hyda scan showed my gallblader was only 15 percent functional. They normally take it out at 35 percent function. I had surgery on 12/21/07. So far so good. Do everything you can before they tell you there is nothing the matter with you. The ER thought i was drug seeking! Don't give up! If you are having pain there is a reason for it.
Kristen