Ok so im 19, and I discovered at the end of October I hav genital warts. My bf first noticed it wen he ws giving me oral sex, I noticed it too bt I assumed it ws a hair bump which I so often get and they so often get infected and look crazy. None the less I went to the doc ans found out I hav hpv and the strain which causes warts 6 or 11 I believe. This may b crazy but till this day I haven't seen wat mines look like, I js can't take it u kno, I ws never one for STD education in class because of all the pictures (hence my situation smh) bt they feel big wen I wipe with tissue and such. I hav them on my vaginal lips and perineum, and very tiny ones right at the opening of my vagina. My doctor says it'll b no problem to get them gone, she will b using tca and from my research it really scares the c**p outta me. Its an acid tht if not applied correctly could really damage my healthy skin...so wat im asking is wat to expect on tht day, how does it feel during ans then the days to come. I can't really afford to take off wrk b I will if necessary. I use public transportation too so I need to kno will tht b a horrible fiasco as well. Sidenote: recently the warts hav started itching (or mayb the skin around it because my doc said it's dead skin or doesn't hav nerves nothn smethin like tht. One day wile using the restroom I wiped to hard wit the tissue I suppose because I ws trying to scratch the itch without really scratching the itch and it js started bleeding crazy an itching even more. Nxt week is wen I hav the procedure dne bt wat can I do right now for the itching? I walk to wrk, about 3 miles away and it sucks wen I hav to stop walking and RUN into the nearest building because I feel like one more step is js gona drive me nuts with the itching. Does anyone hav any ideas? Hme remedies? Success stories? Failures? Hows is living with hpv and ur life/sex going?

TCA easily kills the warts (and anything else it gets on). A tiny little drop on the wart and it will die and be gone with no scar in less than a week. HPV is caught through sex.  I don't know how long it takes for warts to reveal themselves after contraction. 

You are so wrong - you can carry the virus for years and then develop it when your body or you are under stress - you do not have to be promiscuous to get genital warts, that is just silly. There is an essential oil called Tree of Life, which can be used to treat warts but diluted with carrier oil, for massage (similar to Tea Tree). The tincture of this can be soaked in a tampon and used to treat internal warts but be cautious when doing this as not to burn the skin.
Make sure you are consumer lots of vitamins especially B & C, eat well, get lots of rest and be good to your body to encourage healing.

Don't worry, it is not serious. Also, the good news is that you onlyhave a small afflicted area. TCA is a good option. It destroys the virus proteins, without causing any deep damage to tissue. The doctor will use 90%. The higher %, the deeper it goes, so you should only need one treatment. It is possible that you will need to return for further treatments. The skin will turn white with application and then it will look like sunburn. You probably will want to not wash it off for 48 hours. The dr will probably protect the surrounding skin with vasolene. A baking soda paste can also be used. People that use TCA at home should have a baking soda solution on hand to neutralize any accidental spill or for getting it on healthy skin. The good news is that TCA is the quickest treatment for most people and it is the cheapest. If you were prescribed Aldera cream, for example, you would have a big co-pay.

You might want to ask your doctor about vaccines for the most common HPV's for the future. There are several other different HPV's. The vaccine is dead viruses that build an immediate immunity in your body, to not allow them to infect.