I'm just turning 46 and getting married. I was married years ago and never thought that I would remarry, so gave up the dream of children because I was too afraid to do alone. I have been pregnant, once in my early 20s, but there were complications, never had it. Now I wish that I would have tried. Now I'm desperate to have a baby, everywhere I read, says it's impossible at my age, even with IVF. I don't know how we could afford IVF anyway, my insurance doesn't cover it. Should I just give up, so depressed about it, probably going to ruin my wedding.

no dnt give up and second try to stay calm when a female get too tense its hard to get pregnant i had seen women in their 50 pregnant its all bt the right time stay calm do dutty alot but never feel to pressure about it have faith

Redhead, are you still ovulating?  If yes, then you can get pregnant.  

Otherwise, consider adoption.  In a way, it is even MORE special.

Hello Red! I am 41 and TTC also. I suggest getting a FSH test done to show how your ovaries are functioning (simple blood test at locl doc). The lower the number the better! I am going to try to conceive in October so I am also faced with the 'older' questions but I have done all the tests and they are good. If your ovaries are not 'up to par' then consider donor egg. A lot of older women don't have good eggs but can carry a baby if not menopausal. Good luck!!