Ihave been pregnant before (in 1987 and 1989).
I am ready to have a baby now (at 48)
One (female) doctor has told me that I am TOO OLD. Horrible bedside
manner.
My blood test revealed that I have increased FSH and decreased estrogen.
Does ths JUST mean that I need a shot(s) of estrogen.
I sincerely want to have a baby.

My grandma got pregnant at 48. Find a Doctor to that can help you. Don't give up.

I don't know what that means, but would go see a doctor. I have never had children and Finally found the right man at 44. I am now pregnant at 48, but everyone thinks I'm 32 - 38 as I look really young. I don't tell them otherwise because too many people are so negative about older moms. If you are healthy and active - go for it! I did!

Good luck & make sure you have a good doctor. I live in the United States, but went to South Africa for IVF where it is 2/3's the cost and a much higher percentage.

:-D :-D

It doesn't matter how young you look :-D That's all about hormon level.

Yes, some women can be pregnant at this age,but not easiely.

Me and my ex-husband also made 3 IVF cycles in 2004.We made it in Russia, because in U.S.A. it wasn't affordable for us and because I'm from Russia.
I already had 2 kids at that time, but my spouse didn't have any biological kids.His sperm count is very low(less then 1 millions spermatozoe in 1 mm of sperm). Doctor said-IVF the ONLY possible way...
I went through the first cycle at age 38. I produced 11 eggs ,but only 6 of the turned to embrios.In 3 days 2 of them died.I get pregnant with twins, but lost them after 7 weeks. On the Second cycle I was 39.I produceed 9 eggs and 5 of them turned to embrios, but after 3 days 4 of them-died. Doctor made some mistake and we got nothing.
The third cycle (planed to be last one)- pregnancy with twins, but one of the embrio stoped to develope soon) and I delivered my son after 37 weeks of horrible pregnancy. At lease,I got a wondeful child!!!

Pls, let us know-how is your pregnancy after IVF? For me it was difficult, but I made it :-)

Which influences how young you look

What is a VIF, and what are my chances to get pregnant at 48?
Thx.

Hi, Im new to this site and joined up to find help as im trying for a baby, Im 43 and wanted to say GOODLUCK and Go 4 it. Please keep me posted

I have no idea if it is medically possible or not as I am not a doctor. Luisa Dilner a correspondent on The Guardian got pregnant at 47 and delivered a healthy baby at 48 - all naturally. A friends grandmother had her last baby naturally at 48 too!

Buy a book called 'Inconcievable' by Julie Indichova from Amazon. She was told at 42 she couldn't concieve and she went on a major health campaign and did!

I had a baby at 45 naturally concieved and now at 48 I too would love another. The risks I ran at 44 were a higher chance of downs syndrome in fact my bloods showed a 1 in 50 chance of Down's so I had amnio and ascertained that the baby was fine.

Good luck

Quote:

Why would you want to have a child at 48. When they're 12 you will be 50. When they're turning 21 you will pretty much be 70.....

Why is that your business if she wants to have a baby at 48? You may not want one at 48, but don't discourage or put someone else down for pursuing their dreams.

GOOD FOR YOU. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY AND YOU ARE IN YOUR 40'S i SOLUTE YOU. i HAD A CHILD NATURALLY AT 44 AND I LOVE BEING A MOTHER AGAIN TO A BABY. I HAVE OLDER KIDS AND I WOULD LIKE ANOTHER ONE TO GO ALONG WITH THE BABY. HE IS NOW 3 AND I AM 48.

I wish you the best of God blessing if that is what you want. I too am 48. I miscarrage two children and I still longs to have a child no one can truly understand what you feel. Trust God that is what I am doing!

You are absolutely right. Babies are a blessing. Just because that is not for one person, does not mean you should discourage anyone else who wants a baby. I had a baby at 44 and he is a joy. I am now 48, and if I could have another one I would. Good luck and go for it.

I think it has to do with the age of your eggs. Once you are over 40 your eggs don't develop as they should into embroys and in to babies. I had several IVFs after 40 and would produce great looking eggs, they would start to split and grow and then they would not continue to develop long enough to produce a child. I finally used donor eggs to achieve pregnancy and now have a wonderful son who is my world. Don't give up...there are lots of alternatives.

can i ask if they used your eggs? 2 different doctors told me when i was 42 that they would not do IVF with my eggs as I'm too old. i'm 48 now.