I am also allergic to antihistamines.I went on cymbalta which is for depression and nerve pain. To my surprise it also helped the hives. I am off of it currently and have hives again. Was hoping to find a quicker remedy online, but I saw your post and felt the need to share. Hope its useful to you.

I am allergic to Benadryl severely. I used to get hives all the time and the doctor would give me steroids. It wasn't until I moved that we figured out I was allergic to the carpet and some kind of dust particles in the air. Now I test the carpets before I move into a new place to make sure they will not cause hives and I moved states so what ever was in the air before is not here. Its really frustrating trying to figure out what you are allergic to. They can be tricky.

34 year old female. Suffered from CIU from 2008 -2012. Nothing helped, steroids couldn’t even keep them at bay. I was a college athlete and my first breakout was random at the gym one night after work. I went to multiple doctors, a specialist, an internal medicine doc, dermatologist, no one found any underlying cause for the hives. In other words, I was perfectly healthy. After many years of failed experiments and misery I started my own homework. I was able to determine that food consumption was the cause. Mainly an intolerance to sugar. Foods that are high on the glycemic index are harder for some people to tolerate as the sugar enters the blood stream quicker causing an insulin spike, thus causing your immune system to go into defense mode. Try changing your diet to Paleo or Keto and you will have releif. This saved my life. Make sure you get plenty of sleep, drink a lot of water and stick to a consistent healthy diet. CIU is the unknown of the autoimmune diseases because very few people have a chronic condition without something obvious underlying. The one mystery is antihistamines making it worse. I get hives every now and then, but nothing like what it used to be. Still to this day, Anything with antihistamine will cause me to break out terribly from head to
toe in hives. Hope this post helps someone else. You are not alone in your struggle!

You can apply any of the following ten natural home remedies to get rid of hives on face fast and naturally.

1. Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera is one of the popular home remedies for the facial hives. Aloe Vera has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation, redness, and itching. Apply the Aloe Vera gel directly on the affected area. Leave it for about fifteen minutes then clean it with lukewarm water. You can repeat this treatment four to five times daily until the hives are gone. Aloe Vera juice is also helpful to boost your immunity. You can have two tablespoons juice daily for the overall improvement.

2. Oatmeal

Oatmeal is very effective for the facial hives. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-irritating, and soothing properties that help to get relief from the itching and it also speed up the healing process. Make a paste of two tablespoons of cornstarch, two cups of oatmeal, and water. Mix it nicely and apply the paste on the affected skin. Leave it for twenty minutes then clean it with lukewarm water. Follow this treatment once in every day until the hives are completely gone. You can also take an oatmeal bath.

3. Ginger

Ginger has many health benefits. It also works well on the hives. The antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties of ginger reduce the swelling, itching, and redness of the hives. Take a small piece of the ginger root, peel the skin off, and gently apply it in the affected area. Repeat this procedure two to three times daily. You can also keep the ginger root in the refrigerator to get the cooling effect. You can chew fresh ginger or can drink ginger tea three times daily.

4. Cold Compress

Many experts admit that cold compress is one of the best natural remedies for the hives. A cold compress can help to shrink the blood vessels and can also block the further release of histamine that causes hives. Take some ice cubes, wrap them in a clean cloth, and place the cloth on the affected area. Leave it for ten to fifteen minutes. Repeat this procedure four times daily. You can also take a cold shower to get immediate relief. But you should not put ice directly on the hive. It can worsen the situation.

5. Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple cider vinegar is another popular home remedy for the hives. It plays an important role in your overall skin growth. It’s healing and antihistamine properties can boost your immune system as well. You can mix two cups of apple cider vinegar in your bathtub. Fill the tub with warm water and leave it for twenty minutes. Then you can take the bath in that water. You can also mix the same amount of apple cider vinegar with the water and use it to clean the hives. Repeat the procedure two to three times daily.

6. Baking Soda

Baking soda is a common home remedy for the hives. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the itching and inflammation. You can add one cup baking soda in your bathtub filled with warm water. Leave it for half an hour before use. You can also make a paste of the baking soda with water and apply the paste directly on the affected skin. Leave it for about ten to fifteen minutes then wash it off with the lukewarm water. Practice this treatment once in a day.

7. Green Tea

We all know the health benefits of the green tea. In fact, many of us drink it in every single day. But you will be surprised to know that green tea works well on the facial hives. You can take either dried or fresh green tea. Brew the green tea for ten to fifteen minutes. You can add some honey for the taste. You can drink this tea three to four times in a day.

8. Witch Hazel

Witch Hazel is known for shrinking the blood vessels of your skin. By this process, it actually reduces the release of the histamine that causes the hives to come on your face. You can apply the witch hazel on the affected skin. Leave it for ten to fifteen minutes. After the fifteen minutes, you can wash it with the water. Practice it once in every day until you have got rid of the hives completely.

9. Stinging Nettle

Stinging nettle is also useful to treat the hives. You can use the cream that comes to treat the skin irritations and hives. You can also prepare the parts of the stinging nettle to apply directly on the affected area. But make sure that you are avoiding the fine hairs of the stinging nettle that can actually aggravate the situation. Practice this process every alternative day.

10. Vitamin C

Vitamin C is good for you skin and it can improve your skin condition. You can take vitamin C to get rid of the hives. It reduces the release of the histamine and helps to get relief from the hives. Make a mixture of zinc and vitamin C. Apply it topically on the affected skin. It will be absorbed by the skin in a minute or two. Repeat this procedure twice in a day.