Well, I'm seventeen, female, and i masterbate every now and again. But everytime i do, after i have the orgasm, i slightly lose my hearing. It sounds muffled and i can hear that slight high pitch sound. It really freaks me out, and i don't know why this would occur. My hearing goes back to normal after about five to ten minutes. I just do not know what to do or what to think. I need to know, is this serious? What could be causing this, a condition, sexually transmitted disease or infection?? HELP ME!! Should i stop masturbating...? AH!

thats um creepy and shud get docter help

Well, you're right, it is serious. That is a pretty intense session, if it has that side effect, but other than being the envy of your friends, I wouldn't say you have a great deal to worry about, and no, masturbation has never in the history of the human race (as far as I'm aware) been the cause of direct, immediate damage to any human being.

Getting caught masturbating in the wrong place, maybe, but that's a different matter.

What's actually happening in recognised physical terms, I'll cover first. I'll then tell you another story, and you can believe it or not, that's up to you.

The ringing (tinnitus) is for some of us a permanent condition - I'm glad to hear for you it's not, and no, I don't believe that further occurrences will create cumulative damage, any more than a repeatedly bumping your leg on a table would eventually cause permanent injury.

As you tense up, you increase blood pressure - that is intentional, just as under stress, blood vessels shrink to reduce bleeding. Basically, your are crushing your head while you peak, but don't worry, it's designed to take it, but you're experiencing a slight side effect based on the intensity of the event... you may want to see if you can chill out and enjoy a slightly more relaxed orgasm, and see if that makes a difference.

No one ever caught an STD from masturbating, because there's no T and no D - no transmission (no one else is with you or touching you) and no D (disease) hovering in the air, else it wouldn't be an STD it would be an airborne virus, and you're as likely to get those masturbating as any other time.

The range of female (and male, but females definitely got the lucky straw on this one) reaction and orgasmic response vary all the way from none, to can't stop, just touch me and I come continuously... and no, I'm not kidding. Likewise, the duration of the orgasm can be anything from a twitch, to seconds, to multiple, to a single continuous orgasm for thirty minutes (ditto), so you have a lot of research to do, if you want to find a slightly less intense result.

Passing out, shaking, headache, you name it, women experience it, though as a guy - if you'll forgive me - my favourite hollywood variation is the screamer in Porky's, Sex in the City's Kim Cattrall no less, but the rest of the reactions are not hollywood, let's say no more than that.

As to what an orgasm really is, here's a story: believe it, disbelieve it, it's up to you.

It's a gift you give to you, and the feeling that builds up, the energy, is to physics a mystery, but to new age mundane.

You can worry you have an infection (you don't) or you can explore the mystery (tantric, chakric, chi, name it as you will).

Check out your local bookstore for the new age section. Have fun.

I do agree with Emokid about one thing: if in doubt, check it out.

If you're really concerned, go see a doctor or clinic.

You should also know that with all respect to Emokid, I have just replied to a question of his on masturbation.

He is 12, a young man, and deserving respect no doubt, but I wouldn't put too much weight on his concern.

He is right though, that if in doubt, check it out, see a doctor.

As a guy I have experienced the same thing.

I had this happen to me quite frequently. And I was curious too. I'm sure it's normal. Although I grew up with hearing problems so I always blamed it on that. And ofcoarse it stopped after I had my surgery on my ears. But I have to agree with the dude who said it was high blood pressure And stuff. Because believe it or not that sh*t gets pretty intense. It's not an std, trust me.

It's normal. I'm 28 and every time I have a really great orgasm I experience the same thing you've described.

Though I don't do it often, I have the same thing. The foggy feeling and the high pitch sound. I don't think its an issue, but I once had to stop because my blood pressure and heart beat were very intense. I do believe it is all about blood pressure. It really is an internal workout.

Totally normal.
You slowed the blood to your brain for a few seconds, no big deal.
I'm 39, and female btw.
You are lucky you can have them that way on your own:)

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I'm glad I'm not alone I have been trying to understand it thank you Jere.

It's totally normal when you have a real good orgasm. First time it happened to me was my first orgasm during sex (not oral and not masturbating) just bumpin and grinding with me on top. It was amazing. I could not understand what he was saying to me and my vision was all messed up too. Honestly, I suddenly felt drunk-like and could have just happily rolled over and went to sleep. I have also had it happen with masturbation too. For a period of time I would get a really bad headache when I orgasmed during masturbation. That was not fun and actually hurt and I avoided orgasm for a period of time till it went away as suddenly as it came on. Oh and just wait till you orgasm so hard you female ejaculate. I've not had it happen with a partner but several times during masturbation. Honestly your body is going to do all kinds of strange things on you from time to time. My best advice is not to stress over the details or you will ruin the fun. Just roll with it, we're all just human and it happens to all of us.

THIS IS NORMAL. Don’t be worried! I’m in my 20s and I frequently experience a little loss of hearing after orgasm. It’s very common and nothing to worry about.

17 female here as well, I was wondering the same exact thing and am super glad I found this fast because its bothered me for a while, so thanks to ms. unicornzzz333 for sharing her experience and to jeremiz164232 for the great answer and for putting the time and research in to answer this as best possible.