Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I'm very interested to hear more about these gonococcal infections.
Don’t get me wrong- although I'm sexually active for several years now- I'm still healthy!
I'm interested in this because my present boyfriend has told me that earlier in life, he has suffered from some gonococcal infection.
I'm not worried for my self or anything but simply-I would like to know more about it, about possible symptoms are of course- some effective treatment! Please, if someone knows more about this- feel free to write about it!

Hi. I'm glad that someone knows to find out more about these sexually transmitted disease. I would like to all young people are like you.
You must understand one thing- in many cases, gonococcal infections are totally asymptomatic especially with women.
When there are symptoms, two of the most common are painful urination and a cloudy discharge from the penis or vagina.
Gonorrhea is most frequently spread during sexual intercourse but you should also know that it can also be transmitted from the mother's genital tract to the newborn. Treatment often includes one very strong antibiotic called Ceftriaxon.