IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO HAVE GONORRHEA FOR 13 YEARS WITHOUT EVER PASSING IT ON TO SOMENONE ELSE?
I'M LEAD TO BELIEVE MY DAUGHTER'S FATHER CHEATED ON ME DURING MY PREGNANCY BECAUSE WE STOPPED HAVING SEX WHEN I WAS FIVE MONTHS PREGNANT AND I TESTED NEGATIVE FOR ALL STD'S AND HIV AND MY DAUGHTER WAS NOT BORN VISUALLY IMPAIRED OR WITH JOINT PROBLEMS.

IT WAS DISCOVERED WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS 3 WEEKS OLD(IN 2002) DURING A TRIP TO THE ER FOR SWELLING IN HIS KNEES AND ANKLES AND INCREASED TEMP AND B/P. WHILE HE WAS ADMITTED IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT HE HAD GONORRHEA FROM A CASE THAT HE ADMITTED TO HE CONTRACTED FROM AN EX-GIRLFRIEND BACK IN 1989. THE DIAGNOSIS GIVEN WAS GOUT WHICH DOES RUN IN HIS FAMILY. HIS STORY IS THAT HE MUST NOT HAVE COMPLETED THE COURSE OF THERAPY BECAUSE IT JUST "RESURFACED" AFTER FOUR STRAIGHT MONTHS OF NO SEX (I HAD HYPER-EMESIS) AND ATLEAST 3 MORE WEEKS BEFORE I AM ABLE TO HAVE SEX AGAIN(WHICH TURNED INTO THREE MONTHS DUE TO DEPO-PROVERA) AND HE ADMITS NOT RETURNING FOR THE FOLLOW UP. OFCOURSE HE DENIES CHEATING ON ME DURING MY PREGNANCY BUT MY INSTINCTS ARE TELLING ME SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS, IS IT POSSIBLE THAT HE HAD IT FOR 13 YEARS AND IT LAY DORMANT AND I WAS JUST PARANOID OR IS IT SAFE TO ASSUME HE CHEATED ON ME? PRIOR TO THE DIAGNOSIS I NOTICE HIS EJACULATE CONTAINED SOFT CLOTS,COULD AN STD HAVE CAUSED THAT? WOULDN'T HE HAVE DEVELOPED EPIDITIMITIS OR PROCTITIS LONG BEFORE 13 YEARS?
WE'VE BEEN BROKEN UP FOR TWO YEARS OVER OTHER TRUST ISSUES BUT THIS IS SOMETHING I'VE BEEN BOTHERED BY FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS. I'M HAPPY TO SAY THAT I STILL REMAIN STD AND HIV FREE AND ALSO HAVE BEEN CELEBATE FOR MORE THAN A YEAR NOW.
I CAN'T LET IT REST UNTIL I KNOW THE MEDICAL TRUTH!

LOOKING FOR CLOSURE IN NYC,
NITENURSE00

Health Advisor
Hi! Theoretically, no one can have gonorrhea for 13 years and experience any side effects and complications. Gonorrhea is caused by bacteria and they don’t lie dormant-virus does that. Virus hides in the spine and strikes when our immune system is impaired.

Bacteria travel further and cause more damage. Although some people don’t have any symptoms while being infected with gonorrhea, complication may still occur if not treated. In men, untreated gonorrhea may cause swelling of the testicles and penis, epidydimitis, it may lead to different skin problems, arthritis as well as other infections within the body.

I am not making any conclusions but this is how it works in theory and most of the time in practice. There are always exceptions and a person can be damn lucky and don’t suffer consequences while others can get stuff without even having sex.

I will just name this one example: A girl aged 14, virgin, comes to a hospital and gets diagnosed with HPV. Although HPV can be transmitted by simple skin rubbing, she claims not to have engaged in any such activities. However, she did try jeans in a shop after one girl and they made a conclusion that this is how she got infected with HPV although it is said it can’t live long on the outside.

However, if you did have other trust issues, I would play really smart in this relationship.
I wish you good luck!