Last year my boyfriend and I had anal sex, he used baby oil and it severely hurt me. The day after he had a sore penis and in the week went for an STI check. 

Hes results come back saying he had gonorrhea and they gave him tablets and said he needs to come back for the injection to cure it. 

He told me about this so the next day we got tested and got the results that day. Both coming back negative. 

We went to another clinic and explained the situation, they tested us both and gave us the injection (just in case) the results then come back again negative. 

Whats confusing me is the symptoms he describes are the same as the urethra infection and I’ve researched into both things and still don’t know What happened. It’s severely affecting our relationship so would appreciate any answers anyone had to help. 

Thank you! 

hey there so what are his symptoms now? are you having any sympoms either vaginally or analy?

Hello, no no symptoms now for either of us and I had no symptoms when we got tested either. My partner did he said his penis was sore and burned when he went toilet. Thanks for your help

No problem. So urethritis is a general term for inflammation of the urethra (which both you and him can get. Gonorrhea is one of several organisms that can cause this.) If you have both been treated and both have not had any other sexual partners since you were both treated AND you both waited at least 1 week before having any type of sex, you should both be clean and have nothing to worry about.

Thank you but I'm confused because we got tested 3 times and my results came back negative and so did his except the first time. Could it have been misdiagnosed? Thank you

What type of testing did you guys have? Urine or swabs? If you got tested the very next day then the test could be a false negative because the infection didn't not have time to start yet. Also if you only had anal sex and they did not do a rectal swab then the other tests will be negative even if you had gonorrhea in your anus.... regardless if you were both treated using the shot and a pill you guys both should be fine .