I need help I was on methadone for 2 years an the last six months of it I was only on 30 mg couldn't take it no more so I went on suboxone for a week then subutex for the las 2 weeks taking 8 mg a day I was getting it off streets have a doc app but its to far out so I ran out an decided to go cold turkey my last piece was yesterday morning an it was 2 mg that was at 9 am now a day later it's 11 30 am haven't taken anything an feel jus a lil shitty not bad was wonder if the wd r gonna be bad an how long like I said I was only on the suboxone subutex for the last three weeks an methadone for 2 years rite before that Sumone plz help me with this there experience an if it gets bad wut r sum thing I can take to help with it. Thank u I just want my life back.

Hi there I'm defo not an expert of any kind especially with me only being on day 9 off the subs! Ur going 2 feel crappy 4 a good few days but I really think a positive attitude is critical Plus pain killers (non opiates) some sort of tablets 4 sleeping 4 a night time & defo something 4 ur dodgy stomach I took Imodium & also quite a lot of vitamin C dissolvable's Also lucazade I think in America it's called Gaterade :/ Try & keep busy (ish) but don't do too much! I didn't even want 2 bathe 4 the 1st 3days but music really really helped me get up & go! I was on methadone for nearly 10yrs from the age of 18 after being a heavy IV & smoker of the brown sh*t!!!! And still used on top until I done a home detox from it a year & 3mths ago I was on subs for just over a year & I really wish I hadn't been for that long :/ But in my experience the methadone wd was way worse & although I've seen on some sites & forums subs wd is worse I really didn't think so! It lasts abit longer I'm told! But what is a few weeks or 2mths of feeling abit crappy for a clean life! I wasted nearly 14yr taking some sort of opiate & if u really want change u can do it It's never going 2 be easy! I've screwed my body with that stuff 4 those many years I know it won't be an over night fix WISH THERE WAS :) I hope ur doing ok still being off them! I felt like a had a terrible cold for 7days (that's what I told my kids nursery teacher & my mum) Cold & flu tablets actually helped a lot aswell! As I said I'm from the UK so not sure of all the medication names from there & I really feel for all u people doing this especially when u can't afford it! I honestly think ur health care is madness & I feel so lucky that we have the NHS over here Even though its not amazing we still get our prescriptions for free & our doctors!!!!! I really think its ashame My sister lives in Chicago & she was going 2 have surgery on her thiroid but even with insurance she couldn't afford it all so she's came bk here 2 Scotland 2 get her tests, scans & her operation & left her husband whos American at home I don't know a lot about doctors & I know a small amount about ur government They should really be helping addicts better & for free! I really take my hat off 2 u all! I would defo had been screwed if I lived there! Anyway I hope this rambling :) ha ha of a reply has helped u in someway! But honestly if u really want 2 stop u can and have the power to do it!!!!! If u can go to an NA meeting They really helped me when I came out of rehab 8yrs ago It gets u out 4 a start & it's with people that have been through the same thing so they'll understand & give u advice! I stopped going & went bk 2 using smack & crack & anything else I could! I wasn't ready then! When I found out I was pregnant that's been the catalyst 2 make me want 2 stop! It's only took 5yrs :@ but I'm never going 2 go through another detox so hoping that's me! I really hope ur not feeling 2 bad U can do it I promise! The days do go slow 2 start with I felt like the hours were going bkwards :) I lay in my bed at night & watched my withdrawal films (as I call them) The godfather box set :) so whatever music ur into put it on b4 u get out of bed & it will give u the energy 2 get up even 2 do abit of excercise or just to get u up! And try & keep ur mind occupied! I really hope ur doing ok! And it will get better! I keep telling myself that & it is I don't feel 100% yet but it'll all be worth it 2 have a "normal" life Let me know how ur getting on,if u can! And if u slip don't beat urself up! I've tried & failed many many times in the past! At least ur trying 2 do something about it when other people don't even try x x x x

So is it getting better for u its my 4 day an it's not that bad more at night my arms hurt an are very restless very low energy no appetite jus want it to end very emotionl I kno sum ppl say it takes weeks to feel better but they were on subs for years I was on it for only three week after 2 years of methadone so I wonder if it will be shorter since I wasn't on that long wut do u think yea the doctors r messed up over her I live in wisconsin in USA I also drink lots of Gatorade an water so let me kno how's it goin an since I wasn't on them that long will it be shorter..

Im near enough 2wks off them now & I'm ok during the day now :) but I'm ready 4 getting a hammer & hitting it over my head at night just 2 get 2 sleep :/ I'm not really in pain or anything Just can't sleep :@ pain in the ass!!!! But I'm also on these blockers (naltrexone) which is maybe keeping me awake! But yeah defo keep going! Ur energy will come bk soon! I'm ok eating aswell now!! Just need sleep :) lol My energy came bk at day 8 I read some stories saying it gets worse at day 10 but I'm my experience it didn't! It's all in the mind :) I've came 2 far now 2 relapse! Even though last night I wanted 2 go & score just 2 get a sleep!! But now it's morning & I'm ok! Addiction is the worst thing ever eh! Well done on day 4 mate! Defo keep going!!! Xx

But do u think mine wont last that long since I was on it for a short time? Also I heard that u can take mild pain killers like Vicodin to help with wd an it won't prolong it an it helps take the edge off expesally at night wut do u think?

Personally I wouldn't take Vicodin coz its a semi synthetic opiate & u could end up getting addicted 2 them :/ I would try a non opiate sleeping aid! Don't know if u get Tempazipan over there! We call them jellies I've been taking 1 & getting a few hours If I didn't have my kids I'd take a couple :) but that's only 4 2wks I'm doing this coz I don't want 2 end up addicted 2 them either! I spoke 2 my worker & she said it is better that u weren't on the subs that long! I know they r a miricle drug 4 some (which is fine) but my heart feels like its going 2 pop out my chest & I was only on them 4 over a year! Methadone gets right into ur muscles & bones Maybe ur still feeling the effects of withdrawal from that! I honestly think if u just use other stuff 4 sleeping & the pains (non opiates) you'll be so much better! Opiates r evil!! Just keep thinking positive ;)