My left nipple is bleeding. I am terrified and I suspect that is symptom of some very serious condition. I have heard of a woman who had bleeding from nipple and it turned out that she had a cancer. Please tell me what the possible conditions are of bleeding nipple as a symptom? I am only 36 years old.

Here are some I know about it: Breast cancer (as you mentioned), breast abscess, breast duck papilloma( typically bloody nipple discharge), Paget’s disease of the nipple, breast duck cancer and benign breast tumor. I would be very concerned if I were you. Go immediately and exam yourself. As sooner as you find out what is cause sooner you will start with treatment.

In March 2003, my left nipple was bleeding for about a week or more followed by extreme fatigue where I could barely walk. I went to the doctor and she said she didn't think it was anything and if anything, maybe skin irritation. By the time she had been able to fit me in, the bleeding had mostly stopped so it was hard for her to see what was going on. She gave me a topical cream and sent me away. I have since had so many health problems (dizziness, fatigue, seizures, convulsions, sudden loss of energy and difficulty speaking, abdominal swelling) and many many tests, most coming out negative, that I am afraid to return to the doctors because they at this point look at me like I am making stuff up. The only conclusive problem I had that was found was a uterus filled to the brim with polyps that were removed during a hysteroscopy. I am told all were benign. I know something is wrong, but have come to realize that doctors don't know as much as I used to think. I have not been back to a doctor since Feb 2004 when the doc said maybe I should talk to a psychologist to "rule out" anything before I come back for more tests. Let me tell you, being brushed off like that and treated as crazy when there are real physical symptoms happening that I have never experienced before and know aren't right makes me want to avoid all future medical experiences. It was hard enough working up the courage to go in the first place much less be shuffled through the system and looked at like I am making stuff up. So I haven't gone back but as things continue to be bad healthwise, I know I will have to go back.

stodola

Is your nipple continuously bleeding? Mine bled one day and had an extreme burning pain associated with it.

stodola

My nipple is bleeding from what looks like a cut or something. It was bleeding like a nose bleed this morning and is now looking like a typical BIG scrath that is healing. I'm scared about it. I was at a doctor for anoter thing today and she said it might be a yeast infection>? Wow, that sure seems weird. Plus it really hurts bad.....Any ideas?

I had a bloody dischage from my nipple (at age 14, scary) that turned out to be an intraductile papilloma- an ambiguously cancerous growth. Mine, we assume, wasn't malignant. I had a biopsy 5 years ago, and have been having bi yearly checkups for it since- but no recurring problems yet! I guess I'm trying to say that it may be something that needs attention, but it might not be as scary as you think.

flum is an inconsiderate prick~!!!!!!

I have bleeding nipples, I am 54 years old, what should I do?

Hi, I stopped breastfeeding about 13 or so months ago. I still have some milky discharge if I squeeze my breast...nothing leaks or anything and even then it's only alittle. I know this to be normal for me since it took over a year to completely "dry up" after nursing my son too.

ANyway, about a month ago I noticed that if I squeezed I would get brownish/rust colored discharge from one breast and only from one hole/duct. I had no other symptoms such as pain, swelling, tenderness, or lumps that I"ve noticed. Now the brownish color is red/blood. I called my doctors who wanted me in the same week. My appointmen is in 2 days. From what I can read online it sounds like they may do a ductogram, mamogram, or something similar to rule out cancer or pampilloma ( okay I know I totally spelled that wrong! ... hopefully you know what I mean! ) It's a little nerve racking to think about the bad possibilities but I'm eager to know something and rule out everything!!

I just wanted to encourage anyone with similar symptoms to get checked out!! I am!

My bleeding started a week ago and although it's more clear right now, it's still bloody. I can't feel a lump so i have no idea whats to come. I get my mammeogram only at the end of the month. I have no pain in the nipple bt my breast is tender to touch in one area. I'm sorry, i am giving you much info. I pray that your problem is begnign.

You can get a nipple discharge if you have a blocked milk duct in your breast. Make an appointment to see your GYN doctor soon. They can make a slide and evaluate the discharge and also set you up an appointment for a breast ultrasound and mammogram depending on your age. Sometimes all you may need is the ultrasound to see if ducts are dilated. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. Get checked out and make sure.

Yesterday i notice when i squeeze my nipple theres a clear discharge and right over my nipple theres one little hole that looks like a little cut and theres a little blood coming out of it but only when i squeeze it u went to the doctor a few months ago with a lump in the same breast but she said it was a cyst. And from my right breast when i squeeze it a milky colour discharge comes out i squeeze them like every 10 minutes is this something serious ? Im only 22

I am having the same issues what did you find out

I have been going through something very similar. It started with a medical certificate for sickness a number of years ago. I was under depression and privous drug abuse history. Through the time of healing in every way I had remained in the system and have needed to go back to the sickness and am still till this day. My 1st complication was the previous drug abuse history and then depression while winging off it, 2nd was the long term effects that arise once you have made it this far and that Is where i am today facing medical and physical issues. I have been through 4 doctor practises within 2012 mid year till 2013 3rd week this week. Polysistic ovarian syndrome caused me alot of humiliation when they imflammed and unbearable pain at times. I under go colposcopies 3 to 6 months for the last 3to 5 years. I am now a hide grade risk. I hadto back and have a biopsy which is general anesthetic and removing quarter of my cirvax that was effected. Infections always infections. It was so embarrassing having to have my partner take me to the hospital at night times because of the pain and after a while of repeating the same thing I was treated as if I was making things up. Reading back to my drug history I guess they thought I was there for the pain relief. Attitudes changed and I felt really un easy about the health system. 4th. I went in because I had a problem with my knee was refurred and then an m.r.i was done which came back negative so my orthapedic specialist wanted to do an M.R.I on my spine. They have now found Bacteria in my disks of my back and my right breast has been bleeding for roughly 4 weeks to this day. I have been backwards and forwards and I am now back with depression due to all what I have been going through. I have since made my way to a good clinic and am finally after 4-5 years am getting answers and results I just hope that they havent left things too long. I always knew there was something wrong with my body but to hear over and over again that there was nothing wrong with me Is a real tradgerdy.