Are ltching breasts, especially around the nipple area a symptom for breast cancer?

I went to the gyno last year with itchy nipples that actually expelled a green discharge. It was unbearable. The doc said it was fibrocystic disease and to stay away from caffeine before my period. I started taking Vitamin C and did what he told me too and haven't had a problem since. I actually thought I had breast cancer.

Hallo,
Well the itchiness might be the symptom of breast cancer but in most cases it is caused by some other irritation around your nipple. How old are you and can you tell me if you are male or female? If you are a female than there is a good chance that this can be caused by some hormone unbalance in your body. Have you noticed any strange behavior in menstrual cycle? You don’t have to worry too much about this because the cancer will most likely cause pain in your breast. Talk to your doctor is your are still worried about this condition. I hope this helped you a bit.

All the best to you,
Karen