I have swollen lymph nodes in my groin area(dr. says) on my right side. I turned suddenly while siting and felt a pain... I thought i sprained my groin area or I had a hernia but the dr. says no. I have been on antibiotics for numerous bug bites that became infected but it doesnt make sense as I didn't notice anything until I turned and felt pain. Thing is they hurt when i try to get up or press on the area, and there is swelling. I guess I'm doubting my dr. a bit. Can swollen glands in that area feel like a strain? And just for my curiousity? what are the symptoms associated with a groin strain?
thanks!

What you are experiencing can be just an infection in a very sensitive area. It can also be a hair that got stuck under the skin causing problems now. I know how much it hurts cos I had the same problem last year and it hurt so much that I couldn’t walk, sit, or do any other movement. It lasted for about 5 days and then it went away. Six months after it came back again, so I went to the doctor’s ( gynecologist ) and he told me to put some ice on it. I also put tomatoes and fresh cabbage on the swollen parts- this only helped with getting rid of the lump but it came back again after 3 months. The thing is that I didn’t go to the skin doctor cos I could never walk when it happened. Maybe you should try if not already.
About the groin strain symptoms…there can be 3 grades in groin pull: 1st: makes Mild discomfort, and it usually does not limit activity, 2nd: Moderate discomfort with moderate swelling and limiting activities, and 3rd: it causes pin with walking.

Hi
I had a swolen area of my groin, five years ago, which was very painful to touch. I went to the hospital. One doctor thought it was a hip problem as I have Arthritis. Another doctor thought it was a hernia and another doctor thought it was hip gout and gave me medicine. After taking the wrong medication and my groin swelling more I went to a private clinic and they did a triplex and found DVT (deep vein thrombosis).
When I took the same pain just recently and tried to tell the doctors that it was DVT they didn't believe me and sent me home. I paid in a private clinic the next day to have a triplex and they found DVT from the groin to the knee.
I'm back home after six days in hospital and have been trying to find out why this is happening. They did a scan and found that I have gallstones.
I also have swolen lymph in my groin, under my arms and my abdomen. I have a hard lump under the skin which I suspect after reading everything I can for the last four days, to be a lymph nodule.
I proposed to the doctors, was it possible that the thrombosis was caused by the gallstones. The only gallstones that show on a scan are the calcified ones, you can have the other gallstones that do not show on the scan.
By having gallstones there is a possibility of a blockage which can cause a vitamin E deficiency (which causes thick blood).
Those doctors, one a specialist and one a surgeon plus about five trainee doctors, laughed when I asked if the gallestones could have caused the DVT.
I've since seen them again and I suggested they go read the Medical Journals.
I get so sick and tired of doctors laughing when someone tries to help themself get better by taking something natural instead of their medication. Medication that costs millions and treats one thing by giving you something else until in the end you die anyway, or are more sick than when you started.
(All medication leaflets that you find in the packets have a warning of possible liver and kidney problems). I mean what's that? Why can't a doctor just tell you to take something natural. Is it because they get paid for each prescription they write? Anyway, I'm not getting into that subject I just wanted to let people know that pain and swelling in the groin can sometimes be DVT.

swollen lymph node in groin area where I was bit by an insect I..e. chigger or spider