Hello, folks. I have heard something about OTC Guaifenesin syrup and how it can be used for anxiety. I wonder whether this is true. I would appreciate if someone could answer my post since I don’t know much about this matter. I hope answering my post won’t bother you much. Bye!

Hello. I haven’t heard about this. As far as I know, OTC Guaifenesin is a cough syrup. It is mostly used for cold. It can increase the effect of anxiety medications. That is something that I’ve heard. You should discuss this with your pharmacist. Or you can ask a doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with your inquiry. Bye!

Hi there,
I agree with previous poster. I don’t know what preferences does cough syrup has in treatment of anxiety. I know that this can be used for asthma for instance and for gout but I didn’t heard that you can control your anxiety with this. Can you tell me where have you read this information? You have to be careful with medication and you need to use the proper medication for certain problems. By using other things you can only make your situation worse and you can complicate things. It is always good to consult your doctor before you take any kind of medication on your own. I hope this helped you a bit.
Best wishes,
Marco