I have had really bad smelling snot for the last four days. I cant smell it unless I wipe it onto something. It smells like the stuff between your toes after you take off you work shoes on a hot summer day.

The nostril in question feels quite sore near the tip of the nose and my lymph nodes on that side of the cheek were inflamed a day or two ago. The mucus dries into yellow stuff that sticks like superglue to the inside of my nose.

Any easy solutions? I cant seem to not pick it because the mucus is solidifying near the tip and its really annoying.

Thanks!

I've been dealing with this since mid-March and have been on a host of different antibiotics with little to no success.

The more I blow my nose, the worse the smell is, and it's really disgusting.

My doctor said if I don't clear up soon with decongestants and antibiotics, I'll have to get my sinuses drained.

I'm a type 2 diabetic and wonder if my diabetes is interfering with my ability to heal.

I also wake up to my left nostril literally "glued" to itself. I've tried the neti pot and it only works when my sinuses aren't totally congested, otherwise it causes fluid to flow back behind my ear canal.

Is there a possibility that you may have something stuck in your nose?
There could be a chance that one of your sinus's is clogged also. The sore nose and swollen nodes sounds like an infection going on for sure.

Thanks for the replies. Went to the doctor and had my face xrayed. I was told it was Sinusitis.

kiwizz wrote:

Thanks!

If it is on your right side of your nostril, lay your head on a pillow on your left side and blow the c**p out of your nose as hard as you can.
left side lay on your right and do the same thing until it goes away.

I have this exact same issue. A few months back I had the solidifying mucus which I picked at each day with tweezers because it was infuriatingly annoying. Now whenever I run a finger around the edge of the nostril that had the mucus my finger smells like it's been inbetween a lumberjack's toes, a definite smelly feet odour. I won't be able to take time off work anytime soon to visit a doctor is there anything over the counter I can try, did the laying sideways and blowing the affected nostril help anyone?

Hi
I've had exactly the same problem but the following solved it over 2 days. The key is using grapefruit seed extract drops (GSE) in saline solution and doing an upside down nasal rinse. On 2 days I did this every couple of hours and the mucus coming out changed from green to clear over those 2 days and the smell went. GSE seems to have anti fungal and anti bacterial properties which help with sinus problems... Good luck..

Nasal Rinse: (adults only) Mix 1 drop of NutriBiotic GSE with 2 oz. of water. Use one full eye dropper of the mixed solution per nostril. Tilt your head backward and release the solution from the dropper into your nose. . Swing head forward and down (head is now upside down) to force solution up into nasal passages. Return head to the normal upright position and allow nasal passages to drain. Do not inhale through the nose during this process. Always dilute. -

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have had the same for a couple of months. I swear by Tea Tree oil - apply to a connton bud and swab the nostril. It went for me.

Hi there.
I have suffered the same thing for a couple of years, I tried sinus sprays, neil med, warm water and salt, yadi yadi yada. But it didn't help at all. So I decided to try something. I realised that i have indegestion and I have alergies which i thought i never have. So i went to target and bought (Smooth dissolving Antacid) its for fast relief of heartburn, acid indegestion and upset stomach and I also bought Equate Alergy Relief. Before i leave my house i take two alergy tablets and one antacid after every meal. To be honest with you this is really working for me i have been using this for about three weeks now and I will go the whole day without any stinking smell from my nose which was very embarassing even when i talk to people i can see them touching there nose turning away from me. Good luck and i hope this helps. It works for me.. :)

Yes this is the best treatment ever!!! GSE is in fact liquid gold. Seems crazy but it works. !!! I use 3 drops in distilled warm water with saline and the Neilmed irrigator. Until then I think the meds kept me sicker ..two surgeries and tons of meds nothing helped like this rinse...steroids and anitbiotcs cause fungal and the GSE tackles both. Good luck

I have smelly mucuse in nose with pus... and bad smell .. plzz help

had a nasal swab done for MRSA or enterobactor

I have had recurring nose sores couple years. Went to ent he gave bactrim which usually gets rid it fast. I generally experience dizziness with it an this time im smelling musty smell, like something wet . I thought smell was in my house but now realize its everywhere i go occasionally. Feeling bit drained to. The smell an dizziness is freaking me out.

Sounds like what I had same symptoms. I had swobs sent away and found it was caused by a Staph Aureus infection and had to have a course of antibiotics.