I had unprotected sex two days ago, the 22nd. I also had it unprotected on the 14th. My period is due around the 26th, so I haven't missed it yet, but I'm worried that I might. What are the chances that I could be pregnant? I know from an anatomy class I've taken that women usually ovulate around the middle of their cycle. So would I have been ovulating around the 14th when I had sex? And if so, how much does that increase my chances of getting pregnant? I haven't had any symptoms, really; the occasional nausea here and there, but nothing like morning sickness or back aches. I think I may have spotted a TINY bit a few days ago, but it was nothing too serious. I haven't seen discharge or anything like that; the only unusual thing is that ever since my boyfriend came inside of me on the 22nd, my urine has looked slightly different -- there's no discoloration, but I sometimes notice a little white spot or it is just more acidic than usual (sorry if that's TMI). And today, I have had slight cramps, but no blood, and I just got extremely nauseous when I ate, so much so to the point where I had to lay down. What do you think?

Hi College,

Having sex near when you ovulates put the chances at about 1 in 5, or in other words, as good as it gets when everything is "perfect."

You wouldn't likely have to worry about the 22nd, it would be to late in your cycle, it's the 14th that is the concern.  A little spotting the week before you are due to have your period can be more than "nothing too serious" it is a common indicator of pregnancy called implantation bleeding.  It is normally VERY light, no pad, no nothing needed.

Morning sickness, etc, tends to develop around the 2nd trimester and is not an early indicator.

Chances are looking pretty good that you are pregnant right now.  If your period is late, take a home test.  Be sure to use your very first wakeup urine for the best accuracy.

Good luck.

Thank you for the response! I actually just started bleeding, but it feels different than my normal period... I feel a lot worse than I usually do, but I'm not really having normal cramps. Could I still be pregnant?

If your period is "different" then yes, it is possible that you are pregnant.

See how it goes. You said it just started.

If you have any doubts, you can always take a home test. For best results it should be taken no earlier than 2 weeks after having sex (on the 14th so test no earlier than the 28th).

Good luck.

I'm seeing a lot more brown than blood-red, and it's a lighter flow than normal. I usually bleed very heavily the first day. I will wait it out and see what happens.

This is really weird... Like I said, I normally bleed very heavily. I mean, it's not light enough to go without a pad or tampon, but it's light enough to mean that I haven't had to change it all day. If I was to put a number on it, I'd say it's about 30% of what I normally see.
My entire body was aching today (although that could partially be because I went on a 2-mile run last night, but that really only explains my leg and ankle soreness). Hm. I was also pretty tired, which isn't too normal for my periods. I would lay down for a half hour, get up for a few minutes, and have to lay back down again. My body temperature was going crazy, too. I just couldn't get comfortable.
Any thoughts?

Maybe you have a minor illness, hard to say.

Your symptoms are not specific to pregnancy.