I posted a similar topic to this one as a guest, and I’m not sure how to delete it, so I apologize for the double posting. I am only re-posting because I realized how choppy and long my post was and figured I should make it easier to read. It is still long, for that I apologize, along with some instances that may be a bit of a TMI situation, but I figure that if I add more information it may be easier to help me.

So my period is fairly regular at a 30-32 day cycle (generally stays at 30 or 31) and I am never early, it starts out with a light spotting when I first go the to bathroom, and then within the hour the bleeding will become very heavy with a lot of clotting, cramping and extreme lower back pain, to the point where it even hurts to breathe and move. My periods last 4-5 days, and on the 5th day slows down to a light brown spotting and end by the time I go to bed. And my periods are usually so heavy I will go through over half a pack of pads in those 4 days and one with the spotting on the last day.

I do not keep track of my BBT but I have a calendar to mark down when I ovulate and my period beginning and end dates along with the days I had sex and other details concerning those nights. I did start charting my BBT this morning, just in case I’m not pregnant so I can use the information later, and it read at 96.8, would this be normal if I am pregnant?

Last month on June 6th I started my period after having a 32 day cycle in May, it lasted the usual 5 days with all the same symptoms etc. as it had the previous months. On the 17th, the 12th cycle day, my partner and I had sex, and he accidentally didn’t pull out in time. We always use the pull-out method and have been for 4 years and never had a problem, until now. When this happened I didn’t realize it was so close to my ovulation date and thought nothing of it and went to sleep. Then later on the 16th cycle day I had light ovulation, as in I had heavier discharge and typical symptoms, but it only lasted a few hours rather than all day and slightly into the next as it usually does. This concerned me, and I was wondering whether the ovulation could have been cut short due to the egg becoming fertilized, but dismissed this thought since there wasn’t much I could do about it. But on July 2nd, cycle day 27 and 5 days before my expected period, I decided to take a pregnancy test (walgreens digital) and it was negative, two hours later I began having light pink and watery spotting which lasted 3 hours before becoming slightly heavier and bright watery red. This lasted another couple hours before becoming heavy enough to use a pad, and lasted about two days and on the third day it slowed down to the light pink spotting again. In the entire time of this, in total I only filled about a pad and a half, way less than my normal period. Plus the bleeding had no smell unlike my usual periods. I began to wonder if this could be implantation bleeding, but I always heard it was light pink or brown all the way through and wasn’t heavy. So I am very confused.

I began having symptoms of pregnancy since about the 20th day of my cycle, which include: extreme breast tenderness, fatigue, night sickness (not every night and not enough to make me physically ill), sore back, cramps, pains in my sides and abdomen, bloating, excess saliva which led to me drooling at night, occasional metallic taste in my mouth, very visible veins all over my body (never had this before), increased BM, severe headaches and increased gas problems every now and then. Now I know not all of these are only for pregnancy, but I never get these symptoms leading up to my period, especially at only day 20, my PMS usually starts the day before my period and only lasts until the second day of bleeding. And I still have these symptoms today, July 10th,  and cycle day 35 if that wasn’t my weird period, some of the symptoms have calmed but most are still as bad as when it started.

I have taken a few other tests and all negative, one I already mentioned, the second walgreens digital was taken the morning of July 7th, and I took a First Response test the night of the 8th. I know you’re supposed to be able to tell by the time your period is due (should have been due the 6th or 7th and still no signs of my period) but I also read that for a urine test it needs to be about 6-8 days after implantation. Could I be testing too early?

So in short the questions I am asking, are have anyone else had heavy implantation bleeding like this? And when do you think would be a good time to take my other tests? I have two more, but I don’t want to risk taking them too early.  Any help or even your stories would be greatly appreciated.

In general:

- An implantation bleeding takes place seven to 12 days after you conceive, if you have one at all. This is slightly earlier than the next period would be due. 

- An implantation bleeding lasts between one and two days, though it can go on for slightly longer. 

- An implantation bleeding is generally lighter, flow wise, and darker, color wise, than a period. Its amount can vary, but most women do not fill a whole pad when they have one. 

You really only know whether you had an implantation bleeding after you already know that you are pregnant. Before you know, it is all just speculation. 

I have never heard of that before because the blood is to secrure the baby during pregnancy

my husband and I had unprotected sex last july 14 and 15, i always have 33 days cycle.. but this day 6 days earlier before my regular cycle i started having heavy bleeding (dark red) and cramping..really dont know if im prego or not.

Hi:) well it looks like were both on the same boat. Except I am married and trying for our third baby this year and it has been only 3 months since we've tried. This time we used the ovulation method. So I am a 31 day regular on my cycles. Never early or never late. After 1wk since ovulation for me, I have been soo sick that I really thought I was getting pregnant. 5 days just before my regular periods starts, I became to bled only that it started out really spottie and then became really heavy on the third day. So I'm on the 4th day since this bleeding.. my symptoms are not as bad as it were in the last week and a half. So I'm really confuse if I'm prego or not. But I did the same thing what you have been doing with the tests. So please when you do find an answer to yours. Please help me find mine. Be gladly to knowif were both lucky this time. Thank you.

My husband and I are trying to conceive and I am having heavy bleeding 6 days after my period was due. I talked to my ob/gyn and was told to take a preg test in the morning 12/4/12 but more than likely it is just a late period. Stressing about your period can make it come late. When you are trying to conceive you notice every sign and symptom because you want it so badly. PMS signs that might have already been there are now being noticed because now you are on the alert for every cramp, cold symptom,nausea, dizzy spell. Sometimes it really is just in your head or your body doing what is always did but now you have reason to pay extra close attention. P.S When I say "you" I mean it in general not you specifically :) *Throws baby dust at PorcelainFacade* Keep us posted!

I have a similar issue. My husband and I have been trying for a few months for baby #2. Last month I thought I was pregnant but my period came 5 days late and I got a negative hpt. I have been keeping track of my ovulation dates and we have been as much as possible durring the week I am suppose to be fertile. I am now a week before my period is due and I started spotting two days ago a brown discharge. This morning I woke up with blood everywhere enough to soak a tampon. There are small clots and it hasnt let up all day, not too crazy heavy but deffinetly enough to say it cant be light spotting. It feels like my period decided to show up a week early. Is this something to be worried about? Could I still possibly be pregnant? I have been sick every morning all week and all the early symptoms of my last pregnancy is present now. I am a little confused. My period is always on time and this last two months have not been regular at all. Anyone experience this before, have any advice?

This is almost exactly what happened to me. Did anyone ever answer you??

Hi I have the same thing happening to me right now! This is just our 2nd month TTC so its all new to me. I have a 31-34 day cycle and I did wake up at night, 2 days in between  around ovulation time with watery discharge(no blood) which has never happened before. Ive also had the pins and needles sensation below my belly button around that time.

6th Jan (CD 31) -  I had this very light pink discharge this Sunday, on 6th evening so I used a pad assuming it was my period     coming on but i didnt have any bleeding or tinted discharge at all ovenight

7th Jan (CD32) - No bleeding from last night or until afternoon.

Started cramping a bit around 1pm and had some bleeding that was less than my usual menstrual day 1 bleeding.                            Bleeding lasted until about 5pm and then just had very little brown discharge until night. 

(This is v odd since my period usually comes on immediately full force within an hr aftr spotting and stays heavy with stomach and leg cramps for 2 days until it starts getting lesser on day 3. I had v mild cramps only on 7th afternoon and it stoppd within 2 hrs which is making it feel v weird coz i need painkillers each time my period comes on. Sorry for the gross details but I also noticed that this time it didnt smell either like menstrual blood....)

8th Jan (CD 33) - Slight brown discharge when i checked this morning and no flow until now.

Im still waiting and confused and dont know if its my period or implantation bleeding because its so unlike my usual period:( so far the only proper bleeding ive had is from 7th afternoon to 7th evening. Have any of you  experienced this too? If so did it turn out to be your BFP?.....im so hopeful at the moment and want this baby so bad:(.......but its also worrying me because from what ive read so far implantation bleeding is more like spotting and rarely heavier:(

Hi Elizahb88! Im having the same happen to me right now. Ive posted in detail below. Id like to know how its going with you . I hope its a BFP for us! :)

Hello dear i have same problem i am also confused what can i do? This is my second time but 1st time baby i have no problem , not a bleed problem but this time i am so confused i am pregeant or not.

Hi Noor. Glad to see someone actually replying to posts on these forums!:) When did you have the bleeding? and how for how many hours or days?

I didnt have any spotting or bleeding after the one I experienced on Jan 7th. I did take a pregnancy test on 20 DPO but it turned out negative:( Im still hoping its because the HCG hasnt increased much yet or maybe i ovulated later than I thought:( Im on my 22DPO now from last proper period on 7th Dec 2012. Something doesnt feel right with this 4-5 hr bleeding i had just before my period due date this month. Its never happened before.

I still have the bloating, hunger ,thirst, lower back and leg ache. No other symptoms. Dunno what to do:( *Sigh* guess im just gonna wait a few more days and test again. Hoping its one of the cases where some women get a BFP at 25-35 DPO! Let me know how things are with you and do post your symptoms and details if you dont mind. Take care and *Baby dust to you* :)

To answer your post about implant bleeding, with my sons it lasted about 3 days. It was enough to soak use a liner/pad. As of right now, my period will be a week late on Sunday. But today when I went to use the bathroom and wipe I saw a brownish color. I have already taken 4 HPT and all negative, but I'm going to wait on Sun to retest. Hopefully, will find out soon and it'll be a surprise for my husbands b-day on the 29th. But anyways, my husband and I have 4.5 year old twin boys and were trying for a girl this time around. It'll be our final, so praying for a lil girl or two. :) twins run high in my family. My symptoms as of now is crazy.. No sore bb's but overnight I have a crazy strong sense of smell, headaches and nausea. My cramping since I ovulation never stopped. We wanted to start TTCIng but didn't think it will happen this soon because I just got off my birth control last month. So I hope its not my body messing with me.. But I will be happy with a negative or positive. I do have a normal 28-30 day cycle and it's never late so hopefully this month is it! I hope you all get BFP soons!! <3

Hey Ryang4! Thanks for posting! Its nice to see your reply!:) Its pretty frustrating browsing dead threads on forums not knowing if those women with the same symptoms ever got a positve or negative! Its my first time so ive been googling like crazy:)

So from what I understand you are on your 19 DPO today? your missed period, spotting and symptoms sound like it could be a definite positive!:) Ive heard some women implant really late depending on when they ovulated, some even towards the end of the cycle and it takes time to get a positive in such cases. Also though they say your body takes a while after goin off BC few women are able to get pregnant immediately.

Your twins must be sooper cute! I love babies and dream of having 5-8 atleast!:) As of now I dont have sore bbs either but sometimes my nipples feel sore and puffy and I have the crazy sense of smell too and im eating everything in my way so far:( and im super bloated...not good if its not from the baby:( I hope its nothing else coz I got myself checked completely before TTC and everything is fine. Well, I gave in and tested again yday and it turned out negative:( but this morning I felt some sort of pinching/ twinges in the same spot as I had during what i thought was implantation. Still have no clue if that 4 hr bleed i had was implantation....it sure wasnt like a period in terms of flow and cramping. But then again no positive on Hpts yet.

Im using the Wondfo strips btw and have kept my clear blue for when I get some faint positives on the cheapies:p.... which ones do you use/ recommend? Sorry for the huge post, didnt realise!

I hope you get your BFP for hubbys birthday! :) * lotsa baby dust to you* :) take care and keep us posted! <3 :)

I really need help, so I took a HPT yesterday and it was negative. I've had some light pink bleeding when I wipe last night and today it's a really bright red but not enough to fill up a sanitary napkin. Then today I had small blood clots, not even the size of pinky tip. My boyfriend didn't pull all the way out the last 2 times we had sex, the 10th (my ovulation day) and the 19th. I'm on a 32-34 day cycle and I'm never late or early, it always comes on time. So since I was due to start on the 27th and now have all this bleeding mixed with nauseousness and a heightened sense of smell I'm not sure what's really going on. I plan on waiting to re-test a couple of days after the 27th. Am I pregnant? Has anyone gone through this??