I went to the doctor an had recent test done. Come to find out I am ovulating and I am fertile. Im Excited. Now I have an question my boyfriend an I had sex this past friday11 and saturday12(on our 6th year anniversary) and I tested for ovulation on sunday 13 and monday14 and it was positive.on the 14 the line was much darker to indicate I was ovulating. Did I have sex to early??? Could the sperm last this long???

Sperm can last up to 7 days, but the egg if released can only last up to 36hrs, its all a matter of timing and a million and one different factors working out just right and being in the right place at the right time.

well done for using your ov tests, but it is recommended that instead of relying on tests, that couples have intercourse every 2 or 3 days on a reg basis, in order to have the best possible chance of pregnancy. This also prevents the sperm quality from decreasing.

remember if you are trying for a baby that you are taking folic acid and that you both are maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle too.

Thanks for your response

Did you ever find out if you had gotten pregnant or not? I would like an update if you're still around? Can you let me know how you're doing?

If you look at the details of the original post then you should realise that it is still too early to know.

Thanks ladies for your concern an all your advice, but Af showed her face today which was two days earlier than expected... It is very light but it is here..I am so upset and have cried my eyes out because I have been trying so hard an so long an have not gotten pregnant(an test shows everything is ok).... But Im going to stop trying for a while because it is stressing me out..... But thanks for all your support and I wish you all well, I will keep you updated if it ever does happen for me....I just have to keep faith and leave it in the Lords hands!!!

im just confused about this thing i had a 3 day period very light then 2 days later i had pinky/ red spotting for 4 days only at night no spotting during the day at all i have heartburn tender nipples and hot breasts feeling tierd bloated and slight headache and full of gas please can you help

Mum 41, was your days of bleeding your actual date for AF to arrive?? Also did you have to use more than one tampon a day..I ask cause I wanted to no was it Spotting or a light period???

yes it was 8 days early and 1 tampon a day

This could possibly be implantation bleeding.I have read Its best to wait till the day of your AF is due or 5-7 days after implantation bleeding stops...U an I are in the same boat..I am in the 5-7 day waiting period...Let me no what happens and I will keep you posted also...***Lots of Baby Dust to you***

ok guys im new to the group and i am ttc as well... just like Miracle needed I balled my eyes out and decided to wait on trying... I just stopped bc in july and have been trying ever since with no success... even in taking the ovulation test and following the directions...
*sigh* now my fiancee thinks we should try again this month. Is it true when you stop thinking about it it happens?
and second when is the best day to concieve? some people say the day before, then some say the day after... then some say its pointless to try the day after ovulation... I just dont know which is really true :-(

TTc09, Its hard not to think about it so I cannot say that is true...But it is best to have sex during your fertile time period(the five days before ovulation) If you have sex during this time once your egg is released the sperm will be there waiting, you can also have sex the day after for insurance to make sure that you caught your egg..So if you have sex EOD you will be bound to hit one of those days... Hope this helps,I have been trying for a while so I have done my Homework lol :-D ..... Baby Dust to us all

Hey Miracle, how are you doing with your efforts? I've seen you posting around about trying to get pregnant. How are things for you?

Im pretty good, I had some spotting 2 days before my period that was only there when I wiped which was only enough for a pantyliner(sorry if TMI).It only lasted two days an AF is now three days late but I am still getting a negative HPT....So I am still holding on to my hope and praying that this is implantation bleeding an I am Pregnant... :-) I will keep U ladies posted

Be sure to keep us fellas posted too ;) And do you have an update for us? I would like to hear how you're doing if you do have something for us.