Hi, I'm 28 and for some time now I've noticed I'm losing my hair. So far it's nothing dramatic, but I don't want to wait for the "see through' thing or for the bald spot on top. I've got no brother but a cousin on my father's side is balding and he's 30 and of course my father is bald so I think I'm in for the real thing. I'd like to shave it all off but I don't know if it's not too early for that and I'm afraid of the result. Anyone who wants to share his experience?

I was like that by 30 and I told everyone it was a testosterone burn.

pml
hi, so what d'you do? leave it alone or shave it all off?

I'd say leave it until it really seems to you that you look older with hair than without! So far you don't know if you're gonna have a bald spot or a general thinning or a receding front line or whatever. Where you lose your hair? For me it started with temples and front hairline receding and then there came the bald spot on top. Actually as long as my hairline was intact even if receding I found it better to keep my hair but I trimmed it really short as soon I was thinning on top. Then I started to have only a patch of hair in front and not a complete line and that was the moment when I decided to shave. Dont panic now. It takes time and if you only start losing hair at 28 you're fortunate enough and maybe you wont become completely bald.

I believe you're overreacting and you should stay it for some time. Late 20ies, yes that's the time in life when it hits most of us, if it hasn't before. But you'll be surprised how long it can linger on before you can really be called bald. You'll even get used to the bald spot on top and feel that you're still not bald because you have hair in the front. So give it some time before you do anything like shaving it all off. Don't you have a girlfriend to calm you down? Some girls love it and some even love the process of it. I should know I'm married to one such girl. She was used to it from a young age because her father was bald and her brother was balding early and they have 9 years of difference of age so when she was 12 he had already a bald spot. Before we knew each other she was with someone older who was already half bald when they met and one of the first things she told me was that she loved my hair and I told her well that's bad news for it's thinning on top and she said yes she noticed that's what she meant that she got a thing for it.

It's different for all of us but I'd say wait a bit. I shaved my head once, for my 25 birthday but I had already a bald spot on top and it started to join my bald temples leaving only a patch of hair in the middle. So I decided to shave and I went on for a couple of month but then I was curious where I stood and let it grow again and I never again shaved. Today I'm 29, I'm fully bald on top but I let even the remaining crown of hair grow a little bit. My friend would like me to shave or at least to cut the crown shorter. But his own hair is thinning quickly and he's not ready to let it go either so... Funny thing is that my brother and even my father have still a full head of hair but I've got a cousin on my father's side who's hair was falling out even earlier than mine

Don't shave it off. I made the mistake and I never got back to my old hairstyle again and i regret it very much. I used to have long hair so when it started to fall out you noticed it even more and so I shaved it all off when I was 26. it was more of a shock to me than I could have imagined. But I of course never managed to get back to it.

from a woman's point of view: shave it, go ahead! there's nothing worse than a young guy with thinning hair. If you want, you can leave a few mm, at least as long as you don't develop a bald spot. when my husband started to become bald he let his hair even grow longer in order to hide the bald spot on top. he was not even 30 and he looked like 40 with that hairstyle. I don't say that I wouldn't have preferred him with hair, I would, but if a man's meant to become bald at a young age he'd better embrace his fate.it took me a lot of persuasion to have my husband at least cut his hair short but his bald spot was too large already and again he looked like 40 so he gave in and shaved his head clean.

wow it feels good that eventually a woman tells the Truth: no, we don't find bald pates attractive and yes we think it's a shame that even Young men get bald and I have the impression that that's the case more and more. It took my mum to make me notice it but 1/3 of my friends are balding and she told me that at my age she didn't know a single man who lost his hair. I'm 24 and my friends are between 23 and 28. I don't know what I like less the result or the process of balding. I mean when you begin to be able to see through the hair it's just weird.

All these remarks are not very nice and not meant to cheer us up, ladies!

my wife tells me she loves me and will also love me bald and that she believes being bald will suit me, shall I not believe her anymore? I mean she knew what she was in for, I had already bald temples and thin hair on my vertex when we met. It used to be a slow process for years but it is speeding up now . Her 1. boyfriend she told me was older than she and already balding at 22. she's no fetichist of balding men though, so i wonder

I don't know how your hairloss progressed, but it might take a couple of years for it to become really visible. I believe that when you start seeing the skin of your head you cut it short but I wouldn't shave it off. I was I suppose "lucky" for I didn't lose my hair until I was in my mid-30ies and it was a slow process and I lost the last hairs on top of my head only when I was 44. But our sons have to go through the ordeal at a much younger age but I get the impression there is a general evolution for men to become bald earlier. They both lost hair on their temples during puberty, which was also my case but they lost it on a larger area than I did and the elder started to show first signs of a thinning vertex also at that time and he went on balding and was completely bald on top at the age of 23. The end of it was incredible fast and my wife and I felt terribly sorry for him. The younger hoped for some years to escape his brother's fate because his hairloss seemed to have stopped after puberty but it resumed now while he is in his early 20ies. We trim our hair short but we would never shave it all off and we have very supportive wife and girlfriends which was of course especially important for our elder son

New Member

If your father is bald, you are more likely to experience suffer hair loss. You need to consult a Trichologist. He/will suggest you some appropiate treatment for managing hair loss.