HI. I often have a bad taste in my mouth and bad mouth breath. But, I assure you that it doesn’t come from poor mouth hygiene - I brush my teeth at least three times a day. Actually, I brush them AT LEAST 3 times a day. Is there anything I can do about this? Could this be a symptom of some sort of nutritional deficiency? Could this be related?

Bad breath, or halitosis as we sometimes call it, can indeed be a result of poor dental hygiene, but cause can be your stomach too. You will know weather your stomach is the problem if bad mouth breath returns shortly after brushing your teeth. If that is case with you, than you should see the doc to ping point the problem – he’ll also know the way to treat it. On the other hand, if that is not the case, than cause could be oral hygiene. It's very important to brush your teeth frequently, after every meal, and floss your teeth daily. But, what most people don’t know is that brushing teeth only is not enough - brush your tongue as well!! Many bacteria remains on your tongue even if you brush your teeth. These bacteria can cause bad breath too. Hope this helps.

Have you tried the RetarDEX range? I have suffered from bad breath all my life and started using RetarDEX about three years ago and it is the first product that has ever helped. Just like you I have always brushed my teeth three times a day and couldn't understand why my breath still smelled. I now use RetarDEX oral rinse in the morning and find that it helps all day. If I'm going out at night I'll usually bring my mouth spray just in case, and I always feel completley confident, which is such a relief.

There is a product called 'Blis' that is available in New Zealand (and hopefully other countries) that is brilliant, should it be the result of bacteria in the mouth.

It consists of an antibacterial mouth rinse, used once a day for three days, followed by sucking a (nice tasting!) lozenge every 2 - 4 hrs (over the three days).

The lozenges contain billions of 'good' bacteria K12, so that once the mouth rinse has killed most bacteria, the 'good' bacteria beats out the bad in the race to repopulate the mouth.

It's inexpensive too.

If you can't find it on the shelves, google 'Blis Technologies' for info.

Cheers.

When you floss, put some toothpaste on the thread

To clarify, bad breath RARELY comes from your stomach... especially if it keeps coming back there's no chance it comes from your stomach in that nature.

If you have a persistent bad breath ( i was brushing anywhere from 4-6 times a day to try to keep it fresh) you're most likely still have your tonsils and are getting tonsil stones. They're formed from an excess amount of mucus running down the back of your throat. They're small white chunks that form inside the crypts of your tonsils.

If you still suffer from bad breath and can't find a cure we've found the one sure fire solution that's CHEAP and easily accessible through major online retailers.

It's called grapefruit seed extract and it works WONDERS on tonsil stones and bad breath.

Thanks and Take Care! - Josh Katherman

really ok i dont want to be mean but halatosis is not a diesis its becuse of bad higenine and it ouccurs win theres been so little tooth left it startes rotting in your mouth causing gingervitus and absses trust me ive had it my self so dont be duam its not a diesies