my breath smells like old raw eggs literally. it is a very erry smell. i have been to the doctor. no luck so far. ent no problems, gi, just a little acide reflux. i brush for 30 minutes each morning. gargle with half and half peroxide. the smell is horrible. what coul;d this possibly be.

I'm going to make a claim that's slightly unusual. In my own experiences with illnesses that simply won't go away, I have found that there's an underlying emotional problem causing the health problem. Bad breath is typically caused by an inability to take in all of life, or not trusting the process of life, as explained by Louise Hay in her book "You Can Heal Your Life." You can get a copy at your local bookstore. You can say the affirmation, "I love life. It is safe to live." This may help you. Try it out. It's worth a shot.

Bad breath could be a result of just about anything from an underlying tooth issue to a bad stomach, sinus problems, mouth breathing and allergies could pose a breath problem. I'm sure you know that certain foods will also create an unpleasant odor as well as coffee and nicotine. You mention you are a fierce tooth brusher and flosser but do you brush your tongue? The tongue harbors a lot of bacteria and brushing it gently with your toothbrush should be a part of your daily oral hygiene. I have seen toothbrushes on the market that now come equipped with a tongue cleaner on the opposite side of the brush.
As the previous poster mentioned, emotional problems can also create a breath problem, believe it or not.

A few years back i noticed that i had a funny odor myself, it smelled like pus coming from my mouth. (sorry, yuck) Thru process of elimination i finally went to the dentist and he discovered that i had a back toothe that was in the decaying process and i was not even aware of it, as i had no pain or tooth ache of any kind. He pulled the tooth as i opted against a root canal and i have not had the problem since. It wouldn't hurt to see your dentist for an exam.