My good friend told me that my breath smelled. When I tried to smell my own breath I didn't smell anything. I brush my teeth constantly. Someone told me that sugarless gum can help with bad breath and I have tried several mouthwashes but none of them seem particular effective at helping my bad breath. What can I do about this? What is causing my bad breath?

Brushing and flossing your teeth are crucial first steps to eliminating bad breath, because you’ll remove bacteria responsible for creating odorous sulfur compounds as well as remove the food particles that bacteria feed on. They hide not only on the teeth but also on the tongue under a layer of mucous; food, and debris and they are free to create odorous sulfur compounds. A tongue cleaner is extremely effective, also special toothpastes containing chlorine dioxide and sugarless gum can help with bad breath by stimulating saliva flow. Conventional mouthwashes only temporarily mask bad breath, but a new breed of mouthwashes containing chlorine dioxide is effective in treating bad breath. It is almost impossible for people to determine if their own breath offends, because we become accustomed to our own odors and thus unable to tell what is offensive and what is not.

Lets be real, ok I was seriously exactly like you a week ago. I worked in retail stores (circuit city and staples) and had to talk to people for a living and I was dealing with bad breath. I could see it on people faces when i talked to them. I carried my toothbrush around everywhere I went and constantly tried to keep my breath fresh but never really could.

First off, DON'T get a tonsillectomy if you have your tonsils still. The reason I say that is because if you have a case of chronic bad breath that just WON'T go away, it's NOT from a lack of flossing or oral hygiene. I know this is true because just like you I brushed my teeth ALL the time and nothing helped!

I made a website trying to help people solve their bad breath problems and I ran accross something called grapefruit seed extract. It seems too good to be true when you hear about it, because it's only about $8 and seriously dude, it works 100% better than anything else.

***

You have to use it for around a week, and by the end of that week your breath will be completely fresh! Gargle three times a day for at least 45 seconds to a minute before you brush your teeth and you will notice the biggest turn around in your breath you've ever experienced!!!! I promise

There's SO much bullcrap on the web trying to sell you products that simply just don't work.

Check it out and give it a whirl! You'll be glad you did =]

Take Care - Josh Katherman

**edited by moderator**web addresses not allowed**

Anti-depressants, and especially Cymbalta, can cause extremely foul breath. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to live with it.

Was it the liquid one or the tablets
Grapefruit seed extract that you used ?