If anyone here can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

A few days ago my gums started to bleed when I brushed my teeth.. now they bleed when i eat, drink or brush my teeth. I am in severe pain with it and I also have pain in my throat on the right side.. its very sensitive to the touch and i havent been able to make it to the dentist yet....

Anyone got any ideas as to wot it mite be???

Many Thanks

Jamie!

Hi there Jamie.

How are you feeling now?

I am really sorry that I need to tell you this, but when people don't practice proper dental hygiene, bacteria in the mouth form plaque on the teeth. In most of the cases, this bacteria causes the all damage to your gums, since they become inflamed. You have all the obvious symptoms, which results in red, swollen, or bleeding gums. So, I think that you should seek an advice from your doctor who can tell you more about bleeding gums treatment

I would tell you to change a toothpaste and brush and to take care more on the hygiene :/ Don't be mad at me. 

hey, iv got the symptons did you get a cure?

I just got the same thing and this is what I did. Brush your teeth well, you will see a lot of bleeding but this is o.k. specially brush the area which is effected. Its very painful but this is the cure. Make sure you brush the joint between the gum and the tooth of the defected areas and in between. If the gums are bleeding this joint tends to be open a little bit and the bristles goes inside (very painful) but you still have to clean it well. Once you are done rinse with luke warm sea water ( add salt to warm water) and repeat the whole thing 2 more times. After the brushing and rinsing is done finally, rinse again with a good moth wash which helps to kill the gingivitis germ, I used Listerine antiseptic mouth wash. This process starts to cure your infected gums. After 2 days I'm feeling a lot better and my sore gums are less painful.
For the pain I got on my jaw and neck I applied clove oil to the effected ares inside the mouth and Vicks palm outside the jaw when the pain was sever.
Also in the night when ever I got up due to the pain I either rinsed my mouth with the mouth wash or salted luke warm water. this really helped.

Hey guys,

I am having the same exact problem except I have experienced more symptoms. I was very sick for the past week - like a bad case of the flu - except it was JUST my throat that was killing me and a high fever (uncomfortable, etc.). my glands were swollen and my tonsils started getting bigger. THEN came the bleeding and painful gums. Also, my gums are receding at these locations.

It turns out these are all symptoms and/or complications of untreated strep throat. So... check it out.

ya i got all of these symptoms and i was diagnosed through a blood test that i got mono

I have the same but have been bed ridden. brushing teeth every time i regained conciousness may go for the extreme clean with extra sea water cure. the migraine head ake seems to have gon on day 2 right side of through better but still not amassing.

You could have strep and the infection spread to your gums.

Bleeding gums can be associated with a number of conditions, varying in severity.  Bleeding gums can be a result of just poor oral hygiene, or caused by a systemic or genetic disease resulting in compromised immune function such as leukemia or HIV.  If bleeding gums present in conjunction with a sore throat, it is likely strep throat.  However, it is imperative that you be tested for strep.  If the culture is negative, it could be a much more serious condition, and you should seek the care of a specialist, such as an oral pathologist.  

it sounds like u have a bout of gigivitis get some mouth wash use twice daily if symptoms persist try make time for dentist

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I am suffering from this condition this very minute and its been excruciatingly painful - it's serious - go to a doctor!!

I had the exact same problem and it turned out to be strep throat.

My two year old has strep throat, it's caused these same symptoms. I started rinsing his mouth with a mouth wash that has no alcohol and made for those who suffer from dry mouth. It has a numbing effect. After he rinses he is able to tolerate drinking fluid. So yes if you have sore throat go to dr asap bc if it's effecting your gums, strep can go into the blood stream and effect organs. He is on day three antibiotics and still struggling