Hey there. I am having some problems with my cat. I think that she is really sensitive. Before, I was brushing her teeth, but now I can see that this bothers her. I don’t know why this happen suddenly, because she didn’t had this problem before. So, I am really in doubt because I don’t know how to keep my cat’s teeth clean without brushing?

I was wondering, do you have experience with this? Maybe you can help me, because I really want my cat to have nice and healthy teeth. But, I really don’t want to hurt her :/

Tnx in advance :)

Hey there. Don’t worry. I had this same situation with my cat a few months ago. So, I bought dental gel for cats, because I think that this is an easier alternative way than brushing your cat's teeth. Dental gels for cats contain some enzymes that kill germs that cause tartar buildup, gum disease, irritation. So, this can help you. So, all you need to do is to apply the dental gel directly on your cat’s teeth and you have to do it daily. Of course, always read the instruction of product before using it and consult your vet.

Good luck! 

I have heard that this gel is amazing option. It is worth of trying. I mean, brushing is always the best thing, but if your cat’s teeth are sensitive, than gel is the second option. Of course, there are some natural treatments for teeth cleaning. You can try chew toys for cats, because they are similar to dental treats in that they are abrasive and they really can help scrub off plaque and massage gums as well. You will see that most dental cat toys are filled with catnip to encourage your cat to nibble them. So, this is one more option, but still, dental gels are better.  

It can be a little tricky to maintain proper oral hygiene of your kitty without brushing but, like others said, it is possible.

Besides oral gel, you can use dental sprays which need to be spurt in the cat’s mouth every day to prevent developing of mouth bacteria (bad ones). You control plaque and tartar with these sprays as well.

I never used it, but I have heard about “dental formula food” from my vet. He said that this food consists of pieces which are larger than average and, through chewing, clean cat’s teeth and dissolve plaque. It’s worth a try if you ask me. 

Hey there. Uf, that is hard. I know that I have tried to maintain oral health of my cat properly and without brushing her teeth, but that was really hard. I was using that gel and I can say that it was really, but really hard. I have tried some soda, because they told me that this is totally ok and natural, but it didn’t work for me.I was using some sprays as well, and that was totally ok for my cat, but I can say from my experience that nothing can be better than brushing: /Good luck!

That is nothing unusual. My cat hates when she sees me approaching her with a tooth brush. She knows what’s next and she immediately starts to run away/ hide under the bed/ leave the house through the terrace and go to our neighbors. 

There is always a solution, although I prefer brushing her teeth with a brush. Some alternatives are oral gel for dental hygiene and spray for dental hygiene. Both will do. 

You can also get some chew treats  for cats (for their teeth cleaning) . You can probably find it in your local pet shop. That will also help. 

Hello. My cat doesn’t have a problem with teeth brushing. I like to think that I made it a nice habit for her. Ever since she was a kitten we used to brush her teeth right before going out. And she loves to go out. So when she sees me reaching for the tooth brush, she is very happy and in a good mood. 

I also got her some oral gel for preventing teeth damage, but we never use it. I think I used it only once or twice, it seemed to me that she doesn’t like the taste of it.