I have this smelly cheese-like stuff that comes out of the glands in the back of my throat that I've had on and off my whole life.About 4 months ago I began feeling something further down my throat and I cant get at it, but its causing horrible bad breath.My doctor said that there are pockets in the throat that can harbour build up of the same stuff.
Is there a cure, because its becoming a very emberassing problem that no amount of gum or brushing can disguise.

Hi Kevin,

I have this same problem and just wanted to let you know you're not the only one. I call them "throat nuts" and am excited when I can finally cough one up because I know my breath will be somewhat better. Have you found a good treatment for it yet? Let me know.

My son and I both have this, I thought we were the only ones, as no one else seems to know what we are describing. When you cough it up, it's a tiny ball that you can smear in your finger and it alone smells like bad breath. We have deduced it comes from eating nuts. They seems to stick behind the tonsils. I have tried brushing my throat, but can't get behind tonsils. You can almost taste it when you swallow hard...I have tried gargling, nearly drowning myself in the stuff. I have tried spraying the showerhead directly into my throat. I have tried drinking lots of water, and laying on my side while swallowing. I don't yet have a solution! How about you? I mean other than never eating nuts, which is difficult.

I've had the same problem for a long time now and I did a little research on this problem. I finally found out the medical terms for our affliction.
The little white/yellow blobs are called Tonsilloliths.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith
This explains a lot. Good luck everyone!

It is not actually that. It is food that gets stuck at the back of the throut and I am also trying to find a solution for this very annoying problem

Yup you've got it right. Their technical term is "tonsilloliths" people more commonly refer to them as tonsil stones.

They're formed from a combination on post nasal drip, and your tonsils. Your tonsils have crypts, or holes, in them that the excess mucus drains into. The tonsils being a fighter of foreign bacteria try to fight off your own bodies mucus with white blood cells which pile on and form tonsil stones.

The ONLY... and I mean ONLY cure I've ever found for them is grapefruit seed extract. I've bought therabreath stuff, profresh products, nothing ever worked for that consistent bad breath that doesn't go away.

Take Care! - Josh Katherman

**edited by moderator**

I have them also I get them out with a water pick and then use the water pick weekly to keep them away works great. Don't use the water pick on to high though.

@tonsilhelp would you tell us which grape fruit extract have you been taking? and how long have you taken them before seeing result. i have the same problem and would love to get rid of it. thank you for sharing!

Hey guys. These are called Tonsil Stones, and are a build up of bacteria in your tonsils, usually caused by a lack of flossing. It's not food. They can lead to tonsilitus whcih is more serious.

I gargle with 3% hydrogen peroxide and it helps but it keeps coming back. I have had my tonsils and adnoids removed when I was a child. I notice a problem with foods like carrots that are granular.

I am suffering from heavy bad breathe problem from my childhood,
i cant understood what should i do, i tried all the ways, 
i was consult dentists, gum specialist, ENT specialist & endoscopy (diagnostics)
but my problem not solved yet, please suggest me, i dont want to live if it is continuing in this way

please please please suggest me....

The wiki post above is helpful but mine come from within different areas of my throat. I feel some come up from below and behind the tongue while others come from side walls near my tonsils. Different people are going to require different solutions based on where their tonsil stones form. Gargling and waterpick have not worked for me, nor have nasal sprays due to the location of where mine form. Additionally mine are not dietary based but certain things (soft drinks especially) accelerate their formation because the liquids are able to get into the pockets much easier than food particles.

Avoid diary products! Especially milk and yogurt. 

There is a cure. I had them too. The specialist called them crypts. They are cavaties that trap food. The solution was to burn them out with a laser. It was not painfull at all, although it was difficult to eat (swalloe) for a few days while the tonsil healed. But it cleared the problem and has never re-occured.

What type of specialist?