Hi there! I have a mole on my face, which is bigger that it was supposed to be. This morning when I was washing my face I accidentally scratched it and to my horror it started to bleed. I freaked out instantly. I have been on the phone ever since trying to reach a doctor but I can’t get through ( so typical ). So, just in case somebody runs into my question….can cancer develop from scratched, bleeding mole? Thank you!

Hello! It happened to me that I have scratched a mole on my face when I was performing a face surgery ( zits thing ). I also freaked out, packed my things and went to a clinic. The doc looked at it and said that moles on the face often have lots of veins and mine was one of them and it was probably just bleeding from the scratch. But, maybe you should make an appointment once you manage to get through them! It is always better to be on the safe side.

I also have encountered a bleeding mole. I was in college - and in the shower - and noticed blood running down my leg. I found that a mole on my hip had broken open and was bleeding all the way down my leg. I put a bandage on it until I could get to health services. The doctor had it removed and biopsied, and the results came back irritated. Now, I don't know what it meant for it to be irritated - from clothing, I'm guessing? - but the stitches were removed and I just have a flexible area of skin (a scar) now, although the pigmentation appears to be gradually coming back in a paler hue. Of course, I have another mole that appears to have a small irritated area with it, too, as it itches and could potentially start to bleed, as well. But if you are worried about a mole, you can always ask for your doctor to remove it if it's in an area you're not afraid to have stitches. If they remove a mole, I think they have to have it biopsied, especially if they have a good reason, such as it was bleeding suddenly. Ask for a biopsy. It could really help.

Hi there my name is Jess. I had a miscarriage aweek ago form saturday and then a d & c on tuesday. My dr think it could be an h mole. Grape-like clusters of blisters that grow inside my uterus and can become cancerous. I have never heard of anything like this before. I haven't got my blood results yet but I am waiting to see. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has ever had this before. I need someone to talk to because I feel all alone in this. I want to know if I will be ok to have children again. It was my first pregnancy and I feel so angry that this happened to me. My sisters have three children each and another on the way it was my turn to have a baby and this happened. My fiance has been great but I do not understand. Please some one help.

i was scrating my arm and noticed that my mole was bleeding and although it's samll a lot of blood cam out should i be worried

hi jessie i am so sorry to hear and i hope everything is turning out okay for you. I know it's a year late but you will be in my prayers.

"More than 80% of hydatidiform moles are benign. The outcome after treatment is usually excellent. Close follow-up is essential. Highly effective means of contraception are recommended to avoid pregnancy for at least 6 to 12 months."

"Over 90% of women with malignant, non-spreading cancer are able to survive and retain their ability to conceive and bear children."

-Ana

yes it can