Hi, I always had lot of moles all over my body. However, one of them has changed, and it looks different from all the others. Maybe it’s nothing serious, but how should I know that. How would atypical mole look like?

Hi, we all have 10-50 moles on our skin. We born with the moles that become larger and darker over the time, and it’s normal. However, if some of them become atypical and different from all the others, they shouldn’t be ignored. Some of them are removed right away if a doctor suspects it might become cancerous. Atypical moles have irregular borders and both flat and raised surfaces. They can usually be found on back, buttock, chest, scalp and breast. Atypical moles have color that ranges from tan to dark brown. Normal moles have oval or round shape, they are sometimes hairy, and their color ranges from pink to black.