I have a mole on the left part of my chest. I have seen it grow to the size of a pencil eraser. It isn't of any unusual color and has hair growing out of it. It does sting a little bit if I touch it. Do I have any need to worry?

Moles can develop any time, anywhere on the body and this is considered normal. However, when moles start changing their appearance, it is one of the alarm signs that it should be checked. You know yourself how much time you have been spending in the sun throughout your whole life, so you can say if you have skin cancer risk. Even if you think that you haven’t been exposed much, here are the general rules one should follow when deciding whether to see a doctor or not:

1. Moles that develop on sole of your feet, palms of your hands, under the nails, inside your mouth or on vagina
2. Moles that suddenly appear and start growing
3. Moles that change colors, size and shape
4. Moles that start burning, stinging, itching or bleeding,
5. Moles with mixed colors
6. Moles with irregular shape and irregular edges
7. Moles that ooze or scale
8. Moles larger than 6mm in diameter

I have grown several moles in the past few years. I am actually watching about 3 grow on my arm now, they are probably the size of a "." now, but they seem to be growing. I've had 2 hairs stick out of one of the older ones, which was black, and usually I have lighter arm hair. I'm German (I don't know if that's important, but it might mean something genetically). I'm 15 and use to be outside all day long without lotion, but lately I aviod the sun, and wear a lot of lotion due to dry skin after I get out of the shower. I use to work out, and be very healthy, but lately haven't done sh*t but eat fast food, and smoke ciggs.

Should I be worried?

ive always had moles.. but since june this year alone (2007) ive noticed three or four more - and that's just my face! and ive got this one mole that's quite prominent on the corner of my cheek and my right nosetril that's slowly, but surely growing. i dont want it to grow

you need to get that mole checked out immediately because it might be a sign of skin cancer

you need to get the mole checked out by a doctor because it might be a sign of skin cancer

I have a mole on my back in between my shoulder blades. Its been there for as long as i can remember and its been nearly flat the whole time. I got two days of sun at the beach recently and when i looked at my back in the mirror the mole has grown...im worried and pregnant im goint to tell my doctor but im nervous..at least skin cancer is treatable when found early 8-|

I'm 36, I didn't go into sun for almost 10 years. If I do, I take an umbrella (to screen the sun), clothes, or SPF 25. I moved to Shanghai/China, and in the last couple of months I got 100dreds of new moles. Very worry. I went to see dermatologist but they don't know how to stop them growing. They just say laser could help remove them. I'm surprised how clueless doctors are and how little the information on the internet. Help!

hey. Im 14. My birthmark is on my arm and it has like 30 moles on it. some small like "." and some like "." i dont know if that worked, but anyways. I used to have only like 7 on my arm, and they are growing like crazy.It bothers me because one used to be a mole, but now Im not sure what happened to it. Its still bumpy, but it's turning a lighter color, but all of the other moles are the same color. This is all on my arm in a 5" by like 1" area...

I have what seems to be a wart growing on my side.
It is currently red and elevated, I just noticed it yesterday.
It hurts when i touch it.
It is the size of a ball on a stick pin. (the pins you use for sewing) It almost seems inflamed.

I had a mole kind of similar to this awhile ago on my stomach, but it wasn't nearly as tender when it grew.
This one was almost inflamed when it started growing, but now isn't.

Do i need to get it checked out?

ARE YOU PEOPLE SERIOUS. Im scrolling down reading all of these stories most of them are like "OMG IM SO WORRIED" and the other "SHOULD I GO CHECK IT OUT" DUHHH YOU GO CHECK IT OUT..

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

I discovered a mole inside my mouth on my left cheek about half a year ago. It seems to be growing at a relatively slow rate, but definitely bigger than I last checked. May I know what are the possible causes of these kind of moles and what they may represent?

I am currently 13 yeas old and I have 3 small moles down my torso and one on my left cheek (about 5 - 7mm diameter) which i don't really mind, and I've had them for as long as I can remember. But although they are perfectly normal with no sign of any foreseeable change, I'm very scared that they will become rather -frankly- ugly. I am yet to see an adult with a smooth flat one like me, only adults with relatively hairy and huge ones. So PLEASE guys, help me here: Am I just born lucky or will my moles distort with age? I really would like them to stay how they are  o.O So?!?!?!

i had a mole under my arm for a long time and its the "hanging" kind and i just noticed that it grew fast and looks like a small bubble now,but when i touch it i cant feel anything. what could it be?

I think I have same problem with you. I feel so worry now. May I know how are your moles now?