Hi, I'm 20 years old and I have an odd lump on my scrotum. It appeared suddenly, few days ago. It is very hard and it hurts when I touch it, I tried moving the skin around it, the skin does seem to be movable but the lump always stays in the same position on my right testicle. I have been having some problems while ejaculating, experiencing pain and discomfort in the testicles during sex. My girlfriend and I have a stable relationship, we have been together for more than a year now and I have been faithful to her. Could this still be a sexually transmitted disease?

If you have been faithful to her that doesn’t mean that she couldn’t have given something to you. Presuming you didn’t contract any kind of a sexually transmitted disease you still could have caught an infection of urinary tract which may have spread to your testicles causing pain and discomfort while ejactulating. That wouldn’t be unusual if you had unprotected anal sex with your girlfriend. If the lump is not movable it is not on your scrotum but on the testicle itself. There is a possibility that you have a starting stage of testicular cancer. The pain during intercourse, in that case is also common because the cancer is probably causing pressure on the structures surrounding it. Testicular cancer is one of the most treatable kinds of cancer and if reported and treated in an early phase the survival rate is close to 100 %. It is impossible to say what is the cause of the lump based on the information you gave me, so my advice is to go and talk to your doctor about it and hope for the best.