Hey guys, recently i've developed a larger than usual lump on my scrotum. It looks relatively similar to them lumps that come and go on the scrotum that act like pimples.

However, this particular one is slightly larger than the others, still pretty darn small, but big enough to notice. There is no pain, and I can't squeeze anything out of it, so it has me a little puzzled. It just sits there, not doing a thing.

Anyone else encountered a similar situation? Any reccomended course of action?

(I did apply Tea Tree oil to it in hope that it might go away like a pimple does, nevertheless, I soon realized that you shouldn't put teatree oil on your balls) :$

Also, it should be noted that I am not sexually active. Never have been, and I'm 17 years of age. If that changes anything? Maybe it has something to do with shaving down there? %-)

New Hope
Dear Scott,

It's probably just irritation (and more recently a clogged pore.)
My advice is to use nothing stronger than over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone twice a day, to leave the area otherwise alone, and to show the rash to a doctor in 3 weeks if it's still there.

I wish you fast recovery,
Marcus

i have a small white lump on my scrotum. It does hurt when i squeeze it and i have had it for a very long time. What could it be?

Celebrity
I have had all sorts of lumps on my scrotums. They were either pimples, ingrown hairs or sebaceous cysts. At first, I would go and see a doc, then I stopped because they would usually disappear within a few days or I would squeeze them.

There is a big difference if you can or cannot squeeze the white thing out of the bump. How small/big is your bump?

I have a similar thing at the moment myself.

I have a rather large lump on my scrotum which ive had for a long time. Its slightly lighter in colour than the scrotum itself and cannot be squeezed. It doesn hurt and is about the size of one of those small batteries that go into Gameboys and alarm clocks.

Thing is ive got quite a few that are similar to it all over my scrotum so ive thought to myself that it cant be serious.

Is it possible to get something like cancer on the scrotum?

What could this thing be?

Thanks.

Celebrity
Yes, there is a scrotal cancer but as you already know, you wouldn’t have a few bumps then but just one. I am not sure how common scrotal cancer is but if it were common, many people (including you) would know about it and talk about it like they talk about testicular cancer, right?

Scrotal cancer was found to be prevalent in chimney-sweeper and men over 50. Today, we know that chemicals contained in soot, tar and hydrocarbons are carcinogenic, so people who work with such chemicals are more prone to getting it. If you are one of them, you need to know that hand washing is essential before going to the toilet because these chemicals are easily absorbed by scrotal and penile skin.

Scrotal cancer appears as a lump or an ulcer in the scrotal skin, it enlarges into a irregular shape. It doesn’t hurt and there may be some pus discharge. When the cancer spreads, it may spread to lymph nodes in the groins and they may appear swollen.

Now, I don’t think you have scrotal cancer but I do think you should see an urologist and see what the bump is all about. It is most likely a sebaceous cyst, which forms when ducts that carry oily substance from sweat glands into the skin get blocked and this oil start accumulating and causing bumps. This is very common on scrotum and even penis.

To be 100% sure, see an urologist!

Yeh I will thanks.

One more thing. Ive been reading up and ive seen that heaviness in the scrotum can be a cause for concern. I dont have heaviness but the left side of my scrotum hangs a good inch or so lower than my right side. Should I be worried about this?

Ive checked myself and there doesnt seem to be anything in the left side and the lump on my scrotum certainly isnt heavy enough to cause this.

BTW im going to call my local gp tommorow for an appointment. Im getting quite nervy so I figure whatever it is aint gonna get better on its own.

hey, i found a small light red lump/bump on the side/bottom of my scrotum. and i dont knonw what it is or how it got there. i've never been sexually active or anything like that since i'm only 16. it has been there for about a week now. maybe less, maybe more. can you help?

Yeah, I have a lump on my scrotum as well, I've had it approx 1 year now, When I first got it, it had gotten very swollen, swelled to the size of approx a small orange or nectarine.. It would be full of bloody puss and the bloody puss had a very strong odor to it, smelled rancid.. I know this is gross and I want it to clear up, I went in to see the doctor, and they just prescribed me anti biotics (Cephalexin 500 mg x 4 per day) and they said it would clear it up, well the swelling went down thank god, however, the bump has never completely cleared up, it stayed at the size of approx the size of a cashew. But now, Its swelling yet again, and I'm on anti biotics again.. Its not as big as a small orange this time, but I'd say its about the size of a plum.. It is not on the testicle itself, just the scrotum.. Is there anything else I can do to get this problem to go away ? It hurts to walk.. and I constantly have pain in it when its this swollen, but when its normal size, I dont have any pain.. What can I do ? Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks

hi i am 17 years old and ever since i can remeber i have had one testical that isnt round it is lumpy and my twin brother had it but his went away but i still have mine it dosent hurt or anything what should i do

I found a pimple size lump on the right lower side of my groin sack. I forgot about it. I thought in-grown hair or zit. Now 4 months later that lump is about 3 times as big. (About 1/2 the size of one of my testicles) It's NOT attached to anything but the sack itself. Does not hurt when I apply pressure to it. It's also flat on the bottom.
I would not have known this condition was related to cancer if I wouldn't have read it last night but, my breasts are very tender. Well me being a guy I just know they are sometimes sensitive to air and cold. So very tender or just tender? I don't know:) Coughing more or maybe I'm just noticing it more now. My testicles ache about 2-3 times a day. They feel like I've been rack andthe effects are wearing off. It's not a lot, but a slight dull ache.
Should I be concerned? Is Testicular Cancer lumps ONLY attached to the testicles themselves or can the mass be connected to the sack wall?

Is there a lymph node in the scrotum?

Well went to the doctor and they did a ultra sound. Their unsure of what the lump is but said that every male or at least most males have calcium deposits in their scrotum. I have more than most and the doc said that that is where cancer starts. But as for now nothing to worry about..

I too have a bump on my scrotum and I tried squeezing it and nothing came out. I am worried.

I found something similar, like a very small pebble lump on the upper left portion of my scortum. At first I wasn't concerned about it, just curious, but now after a couple of weeks (I noticed it 1 mnt ago) it has grow to 5 times its size and has gotten reddish. It doesn't hurt, but it is noticeable and when I touch it, very noticeable. A week ago I managed to squeeze some puss out of it, like a pimple, and it seemed to shrink, but now it has come back with a vengence and grown. It's a little tender to the touch and it's soft like a pillow or a small water sack.

Any more information?