I am 17 years old and used to have trouble retracting the foreskin. But that issue faded away when I was about 13 yrs old by pulling it back regularly under warm water. A couple months ago I noticed hard white stuff on the top of my shaft, under the head. It doesn't seem to come off or behave like people say smegma would. It's hard and feels different from the normal skin.I've tried many times lately to get it off but nothing seems to work. Neither in warm water or under the shower does it come off. What is this and what is the way to treat this ?

Hi Matthias,

Describe the hard white stuff.  What "shape" does it have?  Is it like little "bumps?"

Matthias:

You are blessed with a highly-innervated, erogenous foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision. Do not be worried. You are normal for your age.You can have sex the way nature intended it to be. You should thank your parents for keeping you whole, complete, normal, and intact.

Smegma collects harmlessly under the foreskin from birth. It is normally white in color. Some people believe that smegma resembles cream cheese. It is common for a teen who retracts his foreskin for the first time to find a large accumulation of smegma, which has been harmlessly accumulating under the foreskin since birth.

Smegma is not “filth”. It is a natural, normal, harmless, and healthy substance. It is a mixture of exfoliated skin and skin oils. The skin oil in smegma is beneficial to the health of the glans penis (head).

Smegma does NOT cause cancer. There is a lot of false and incorrect information about smegma circulating on the Internet and elsewhere.

It won’t hurt if it stays there for a while, but it can get irritating and smelly if it stays for a very long time without being washed away, so it is good practice to wash the smegma away once in a while. Washing with soap should be avoided because it can dry out the mucosal tissue and cause non-specific dermatitis.

Since smegma is composed of exfoliated skin and skin exfoliation occurs continuously, smegma is continuously forming. You may expect to see a little more every day.

Accumulated smegma may get hardened and difficult to remove if it stays a very long time such as under a foreskin that is not retracted. Olive oil has been recommended for softening and removing hardened smegma.

Do not worry too much about your smegma. It Is harmless.

It is hard, and all together look like white patches on my skin. I really don't know if it's smegma because it doesn't wash off and seems to have stuck to my foreskin.

Smegma can dry up and become sticky.

it's not smegma I think. It's is legitmatly HARD and stuck on the foreskin, I can't even scrape it off with my nails. Not even after sitting in a hot bath for prolonged time. Any more ideas ? Or do you suggest me go see a doctor ?

Look up "pearly penile papules" and tell us if that is what you see.

I searched it, I have a FEW of those but so few that I never really worryed/noticed them.

did u ever found how to take it off,please reply back