I'm 17 and uncut. I have never retracted my foreskin, nor tried to retract it, partly due to fear. I was just wandering, for my first foreskin retraction, should i be getting an erection and letting the foreskin retract automatically or should i manually pull it back, and whether it should be flaccid or erect. How did it first happen to you?

dude, dont be scared! just pull it back slowly, and if it hurts, stop and do it again later.

******

**edited by moderator**emails not allowed**

Of what are you afraid?

One cannot guarantee that the foreskin will retract automatically on erection. You must have had an erection before. Did it retract then?

Just manually pull it back, and stop if you feel pain.

In adult males, the foreskin should retract regardless of the state of erection.

it is important to clean under your fore skin.You cant hurt your self by retracting for washing,after sex or when you shower,,so let your girl friend retract it by giving you a nice erection,she will love it for sure!!

If your foreskin has not retracted automatically, it is unlikely to do it now.  You will probably need to use your hand.

The first time that teen boys retract their foreskin, they frequently find large deposits of smegma that has been harmlessly accumulating there since birth.

Accumulated smegma may get hardened and difficult to remove if it stays a long time such as under a foreskin that is not retracted. Olive oil has been recommended for softening and removing hardened smegma. Since smegma is composed of exfoliated skin and skin exfoliation occurs continuously, smegma is continuously forming. You may expect to see more every week.

Health Guru
How do you mean by retracted automatically?