I am starting the Wellbutrin to quit smoking. Has anyone else used it for this reason, and did it work

Yes, I quit on July 17 after taking Bupropion SR (generic) for 10 weeks. Started taking 150 mg once a day for a week, then increased to 2/day on my quit day. Made me feel a little funny the first couple of days, but that definitely passed. Constipation was my only side effect. Would highly recommend, but you must want to quit. 80 days today!

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking, and I do hope all is going well for you!  You have made a great decision for yourself.  If you have not found a support group to help, please check out BecomeAnEx.org  The site has been and still is a great source of information and support.

I quit using Wellbutrin, I started it 1 week before my quit date and took it for a total of 40 days, before deciding to go off of it.

I quit on September 17, and am totally free from the addiction of smoking.  I smoked around 1 pack a day for 43 years, and I am so glad to be done!  Part of my ability to maintain my quit has been the xrays showing nodules on my lungs, and I think that it truly scared me into being a quitter for good.  So many positives to quitting.

Good Luck!