Hi. I`m 28 and my 4 years old daugter has a kidney kancer, so called Wilms` tumor. She had no blood in her urine or pain, no symptoms at all, and luckely the doctor has found the tumor when examining her abdomen. I`m pretty desperate right now. Not sure if the diagnosis was correct also. She had no symptoms, after all. I think I`ll go for the second opinion, but want to hear more information, however, especially on the treatment options.

Hi. My kid also had a kidney kancer, and I have to say, unfortunatelly, that your doctor is probably right. Wilms` tumor is the most common type of cancer in children. And has no symptoms. About the treatment options, that depends on your child`s age and a health condition, the type of tumor and his size. It`s important whether the cancer has spread or not. My son had to go for a surgical removal of the kidney cancer, followed by chemotherapy. The removal can be also followed by radiation. He`s ok now, but there was a posibility in one moment that the surgeon will remove the entire kidney, because the kidney cancer got spread.