My son is 15 years old and after a concussion in football, we discovered a possible fatty tumor in clivus!? Has anyone heard of this and how it is treated? Thank you

Hello there! My sister was also found to have petroclival meningioma. However, it is small. She is going to be observed to see hot the tumor’s acting.

I was wondering why aren’t they taking it out? Then I did some searching and I found out that surgery is indicated only for those people who are experiencing brainstem dysfunction and also in youngsters who have cranial nerve deficits. My sister was said to have mild symptoms and is not suitable for the surgery.

I know that radiation is one of the options but treatment actually depends on the tumor, its configuration and growth. The full removal of the tumor is actually hard to perform because of the location of the tumor. It is very close to the brainstem and there are also cranial nerves and some arteries.

What kind of tumor was your son diagnosed with? What did the doctors tell you?

My daughter is also 15 and has the same diagnosis. We are still trying to make the decision to operate or not. What was the outcome with your son?