My 60 years old dad was diagnosed lately with tumor on spine. It is been for years now he suffers from terrible back pain that worsened during the latest 6 months and the pain is worse during the night and in the morning when he wakes up. Finally a month ago he decided to check where this back pain is coming from so he finally had spinal MRI where the tumor on spine was detected and afterwards he had a biopsy done. The biopsy showed that his tumor is benign therefore it is not life-threatening but on the other hand it has pressed the nerves around so that is basically why he has this strong back pain. He is advised now to have frequent monitoring and is taking some pain killers but I don’t see him happy with this solution- maybe some surgery would help him deal with this tumor on spine.

Usually the monitoring is advised if the spine on tumor is not malignant therefore it doesn't grow progressively but if you ask me maybe the surgery would be the better solution. The thing is that the spine surgery is very risky for there are many nerve fibers around there that could be damaged while the surgery is being performed but nowdays tumor on spine could be removed by using some new techniques and instruments and if you ask me one of the best solution in removing tumor out of the spine is microsurgery-technique that allows the surgeon to reach some specific spine areas more easily and also using this technique it is possible to remove the tumor on spine by using some sound waves in which manner actually the tumor is being broken and what is left removed. Anyway his doc would probably know what is the best opt for tumor in spine in your dad’s case –this was just my suggestion for one my cousin had this microsurgery and he was lucky enough all went without any complications that are somewhat common in spinal surgery and he is free now of any pain and he stopped even taking some pain killers.