Hello, folks. My kid has been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. He has got his regular treatment, but I am not sure how this helps him. I have heard something about Donase Alfa. Has anyone tried this medication for this condition? If you have, I will gladly hear out your experiences with this. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. I have only heard about Dornase Alfa. It belongs to a group of mucus-thinning drugs. This is an enzyme that fragments DNA. This makes mucus thinner. You know that the main problem with cystic fibrosis is the thick mucus in airways and other canals of exocrine glands. In that way this mucus gets easier for coughing up. As far as I know, it can show side effects like sore throat and airway irritation. You should ask your kid’s doctor about this medication. I hope this will help. Good luck!