Our family is under a lot of pressure in last couple of days. My little grandson, born three days ago, was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. To be honest, I do not know much about it, though I heard it is very serious disease, some friends of mine said that it would be better if he was never born. I got very angry at the moment, but now when I cooled down a little. I started thinking. What is therapy prognosis for cystic fibrosis?

Therapy prognosis for cystic fibrosis is not that good. Your grandson is on the beginning of a very hard and, unfortunately, not that long road. Almost half of the patients suffering from this disease do not live to see their 20th birthday, only 9 percent get to be older than 30 years. I am sorry to break this news to you like this, but these are the facts. I studied them because my daughter, 7 years old, died from same illness. Be strong, you will most definitely need it.