Hi, my name is Sarah, I am 27yrs old I have had 2 children and gained close to 100lbs w/ both of them. After the first pregnancy I had a back injury about once every 8 months, now after having my second child 15 months ago and getting injured once every 2 weeks. Needless to say I am miserable because I am staying home with both of my children and their ages are hard just by themselves but to add these back injuries on top of everything else, I am really starting to get scared, that surgery of some sort is going to be quickly in my path. I am currently back down to pre-pregnancy weight again, and working out when spasms are not occuring and going to PT, medications, and just had a Discogram where the l4-l5 and 15-S1 discs are almost completely deteriated and leaking fluid. With that being said do you think that I could get away with getting my abdominal wall tighted an really concentrate on core strengthing. I have not came into contact w/ one person who said it was the best thing that ever happened to them. Please Help! I am looking for other solutions.

I can only imagine how hard it is with two of your children when you have the back pains, isn’t there anyone to help you at least a bit? What kind of a surgery are you planning to have?
I didn’t get you there, did you have an abdominalplasty when giving birth to your children? And now you want to tighten up the abdominal wall, right?
You have a surgical way to remove it, and this is liposuction. After the surgery, the skin would be tight, loose skin would be removed and the skin above the button would be moved above the pubis.
You have to be aware that no diets and exercises would help you lose the extra skin you now have. You talk to some surgeons and ask their opinion, I reckon they would know what would be the right solution for you. Good luck!

I have this exact same thing...except I have herniation in my cervical and lumbar region. The cervical C-4 thru C-7 was repaired with spinal fusion leaving the T-1 herniation alone due to the fact that the surgeon would have to crack my cheast and put me on a vent...not something I wanted to experience anyway. The lumbar area was not as bad and the herniation while painful at times seems to be stable so I opted for a yearly eval and in Feb. of this year had a abdominoplasty. I wanted and needed one anyway so I thought I'd give it a try. The internal girdle does offer some support to the lumbar region and seems to make me sit up nice and straight taking any unecessary bend away that had caused bowing and pain prior to the surgery. All in all it has helped, now for the downside...if you will be needed a spinal fusion on the lumbar area then the surgeon will go thru your abdomen...and if you have a abdominoplasty prior to this surgery then they will cut where they need to cut and seperate the muscles that they need to seperate and they are not Cosmetic Surgeons and it will undo some of the abdominoplasty that you paid dearly for. Also make sure you are finished with your family prior to having the abdomioplasty. Sooo if I end up having a second spinal fusion I am not going to be a happy girl. Good Luck...and I do have to say that having this nice flat tummy ROCKS!!!