Is there anyone who knows about the A1c test and what is good and what is bad?

Your friend is under the impression that she is better so she doesn

Yah, I am wondering that too. My friend has a blood sugar A1c of 9.3 and she thinks it is a good number because it was at 12.9 a year ago so she thinks this is an improvement and that she doesn't need to do anything more about her diabetes. I am not confident that this is a good number because her doctor told her to cut more carbs out of her diet and exercise more. She just sits in her bed most of the time on her laptop chatting with her boyfriends from all over the country and doesn't get up to do anything but go to the bathroom. She orders takeout all the time so she doesn't cook anything either. I am worried for her and her health. I try to get her to go out and do things with me but she doesn't want to leave the house. I am afraid she won't go back to the doctor either because he will expect her to have followed his advice and she thinks her A1c is ok anyway. So what number should the A1c test be for her and what should I tell her about it? Thank you !

You are right to question her A1c because it still isn’t all that good though it is better than 12.9. She needs to get out of bed and move around so that her blood sugars improve and her A1c will go lower. It needs to be below 7 to be considered in a good range. She still has a way to go and she needs to take it seriously. Your friend is still in the danger zone for getting diabetic complications and she can lose her eyesight, kidney function, and other serious health conditions that go along with diabetes.