Sooo, I have my result back from my very first HbA1c and it is 9.8.

Well, the 9.8 reading is better than double digits but it doesn

I am out of the double-digits so I think that is a good thing? I have been losing a little weight and I have been following my diet and I think I am doing good. I started walkiing about 10 minutes a day to get started on a routine. My knees only allow me to walk this long before they start hurting me. I have been eating more protein like shakes and eggs. I try to stay within 14 carb units a day as my dietician suggested to me. I wonder if cutting more carbs and eating more protein will help me get rid of the diabetes? I don't want to end up without a leg or go blind. What does eveyone else do to get rid of their diabetes? Is there any supplements that work really good for it too? I read a lot on natural herbs for weight loss but I have been skittish on buying them to try them. Has anyone tried supplements to lower blood sugar and or lose weight? I would try some if I knew if they were not harmful and really worked. I would love to hear from anybody who knows about this and how you got rid of your diabetes.

You are doing better than you were but you still need to get under 7 with your A1c. I would recommend you take up swimming for an activity that will not impact your knees. You may also concentrate on exercises for your arms and abs. You need to eat the number of carbs your dietician recommends because cutting carbs will not make your sugar go lower if you are not getting enough. Supplements you can try are biotin and magnesium as they are known to help with blood sugar metabolism. Exercise is the best thing, however, to manage blood sugars.

New Hope

My very first HbA1C was 20.4, but eventually I got it down to about 5.5. Keep working at it. We have lots and lots of articles with lots and lots of suggestions.