I have been taking tablets to help lower my glucose levels.  I take biotin and magnesium and I think they are really helping!  I have been taking them for 4 months now and I went to have my A1c done and surprising, I have a result of 7 compared to 8.6 three months ago!  I think they are really helping. I hope that the number goes down further with time and the continuation of the diabetes lowering tablets!  Has anyone tried these for their diabetes?  IF not, you should give them a try!  I take 10000 mcg of the biotin and 500 mg of magnesium. 

That is a wonderful thing that the biotin and magnesium is helping with your blood sugars.  So how are you feeling with using these supplements?  Are you having any side effects at all?  It is good to watch out for any side effects from taking large doses of any supplement and that they do not interfere with any of your medications or other health conditions.  For example, too much magnesium may cause nausea, vomiting, lowered blood pressure, or slow the heart rate.  There are things to consider but you have to decided what is best for you and your health.  Are you finding that you are losing weight with the supplements?  I have heard that biotin can assist in weight loss efforts as well.  It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has had this effect on their weight. 

Have you noticed any changes with your cholesterol or triglycerides when you had your blood work done?  I am taking biotin and have been on it about one week.  I will be interested in seeing what it does for my blood work.  I have an HbA1c coming up soon so I am going to see about having the blood workup for those as well. 

I must say you must be careful while suggesting medication to other people. My advice: never do that, even supplements can cause serious problem if the person has a contra indication. Second about biotin I must tell you that there are very few studies about its use in diabetics. In the rare situation of having a deficiency where the supplement is recommended, at the present moment is not recommended in the guidelines as adjuvant therapy for diabetes. I do believe the improvement of your HbA1c probably comes from other factor rather than from magnesium and biotin.